Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Method Behind the Madness

So yeserday's Wordless Wednesday post probably made me look like a total creeper/stalker but there is a reason behind the "Crazy About Pippa." The girls & I had watched the special on Tuesday night about Pippa and since I'm not very original and didn't know what to post for Wordless Wednesday . . . . but yes, I do admire Pippa & Kate's style and they present themselves as very poised, elegant, confident young ladies. That's all a mom could ask for!

So, KJ's all ready for "intermediate school" to start on Monday. She picked up her schedule, spirit pack, school supplies, met her teachers and decorated her locker (complete w/ carpet, wallpaper and a chandelier). She totally dissed me over this whole "meet the teacher" thing. I was crushed but Cosmo reminded me if just meant she and T are getting closer and how much she looks up to T. She told me she didn't want to hurt my feelings but she really wanted T to take her (guess having your mom take you to open house is not cool anymore). She wanted T to show her how to open her locker, give her a tour of the school and introduce her around.

T is so happy that band camp is over! She is positively exhausted but has had fun so far being a senior Buccanette. She is really, really, really looking forward to football this year. One night all the seniors had to stay late to decorate the field and the next night was the annual Senior Skit night. She's had all the seniors over to the pool this week and they've gone out for lunch a couple of times during band camp too. Nice group of girls, nice moms. A couple different personalities on the squad but they all seem to get along OK. I guess at lunch the other day some of the girls got into a heated discussion about religion and T and the 2 other Catholic girls on the squad just kind of shrugged and smiled. T said she was not going to go there.

No comments:

Total Pageviews

My Blog List

Some of My Favorite Quotes

"You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams." -- Dr. Seuss

"Nothing makes a woman more beautiful than the belief that she is beautiful." -- Sophia Loren



"There must be quite a few things a hot bath won't cure, but I don't know many of them." -- Sylvia Plath

“Life is too important to be taken seriously.” – Oscar Wilde

If people are truly, madly, deeply in love with each other, they will find a way.~Gilda Radner

“Never judge a day by its weather. Sunshine is uplifting; rain, nourishing; wind, exhilarating; snow, cleansing; hail, stimulating. Any weather is better than none.” -- Author Unknown

"Everything you see I owe to spaghetti." -- Sophia Loren

"I know I'm vulgar, but would you have me any other way?" -- Elizabeth Taylor

"After thirty, a body has a mind of its own." -- Bette Midler

"Cherish forever what makes you unique, 'cuz you're really a yawn if it goes." -- Bette Midler

“I know I can be diva-ish sometimes, but I have to be in control. The nature of my life, the nature of what I do, is divadom, it really is." -- Mariah Carey

"I want minimum information given with maximum politeness." -- Jackie Kennedy Onassis

"I've been called a diva, queen diva, diva supreme, and I love it. However, that's really for others to decide, not me." -- Aretha Franklin

"No one loves a party more than I. I am a people person." -- Aretha Franklin

"There are many little ways to enlarge your child's world. Love of books is the best of all." -- Jackie Kennedy Onassis
Blogging Resources for Women
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2011 • All Rights Reserved