Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Chicks !!!

Fathers, be good to your daughters

Daughters will love like you do

Girls become lovers who turn into mothers

So mothers, be good to your daughters too
(John Mayer)

So happy to have "all my chicks in the nest!"  (So dorky but that's one of my favorite sayings!). 

I drove out to Oxford Friday morning and pulled up in front of T's dorm around 12 noon.  Her car was already packed and ready to go so we took my car and had a nice leisurely lunch on the Square, did some shopping, she returned a couple of textbooks, re-newed her mail box, etc.  We had my nephew's Flat Stanley with us and took some photos of Flat Stanley at the Grove, the Walk of Champions, in front of T's sorority house, on the field at the Vaught, etc. 

T was so organized for move-out it was crazy scary.  She is one of the most organized people I have ever met in my life.  I don't know where she gets it from.  I'm organized but she takes it to a whole different level.  The only thing left in her room were her mini-fridge and a garment bag w/ cocktail dresses.  Other than those two items, she had her car totally and completely packed.  She swept out her room, called her RA check her out, we slid the mini-fridge in my backseat and off we went.  Basically, I drove out to Oxford to pick up a fridge.

Love having T-bone home; she's such a big help to me!  This morning KJ had to be at school early so T drove her (I heard some type of yelling in the garage before they left --KJ was wearing a pair of T's shoes w/out asking), the girls have menu planed, grocery shopped and plan to cook every night this week and they've even played tennis a couple of times.  T starts her internship tomorrow morning and has to be at the studio at Zero Dark Thirty.

No comments:

Total Pageviews

My Blog List

Some of My Favorite Quotes

"You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams." -- Dr. Seuss

"Nothing makes a woman more beautiful than the belief that she is beautiful." -- Sophia Loren



"There must be quite a few things a hot bath won't cure, but I don't know many of them." -- Sylvia Plath

“Life is too important to be taken seriously.” – Oscar Wilde

If people are truly, madly, deeply in love with each other, they will find a way.~Gilda Radner

“Never judge a day by its weather. Sunshine is uplifting; rain, nourishing; wind, exhilarating; snow, cleansing; hail, stimulating. Any weather is better than none.” -- Author Unknown

"Everything you see I owe to spaghetti." -- Sophia Loren

"I know I'm vulgar, but would you have me any other way?" -- Elizabeth Taylor

"After thirty, a body has a mind of its own." -- Bette Midler

"Cherish forever what makes you unique, 'cuz you're really a yawn if it goes." -- Bette Midler

“I know I can be diva-ish sometimes, but I have to be in control. The nature of my life, the nature of what I do, is divadom, it really is." -- Mariah Carey

"I want minimum information given with maximum politeness." -- Jackie Kennedy Onassis

"I've been called a diva, queen diva, diva supreme, and I love it. However, that's really for others to decide, not me." -- Aretha Franklin

"No one loves a party more than I. I am a people person." -- Aretha Franklin

"There are many little ways to enlarge your child's world. Love of books is the best of all." -- Jackie Kennedy Onassis
Blogging Resources for Women
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2011 • All Rights Reserved