Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Memorial Day

According to Wikipedia, "Memorial Day is a United States federal holiday which occurs every year on the final Monday of May. Memorial Day is a day of remembering the men and women who died while serving in the United States Armed Forces."

Also according to Wikipedia, "Veterans Day is an official United States holiday which honors people who have served in armed service also known as veterans.  It is a federal holiday that is observed on November 11. It coincides with other holidays such as Armistice Day and Remembrance Day, which are celebrated in other parts of the world and also mark the anniversary of the end of World War I." 

Wikipedia also goes on to state:  Veterans Day is not to be confused with Memorial Day; Veterans Day celebrates the service of all U.S. military veterans, while Memorial Day is a day of remembering the men and women who died while serving.
 
 

While there does seem to be a distinct difference in the holidays, I do think it's important to honor, respect and remember ALL of our service men and women. 

We had a very nice couple of days and loved having a 3-day weekend.  Coach flew in from Baltimore Friday afternoon and we had a nice family night.  Saturday morning Coach made bacon and eggs for breakfast, T worked at the lax store and had a couple of graduation parties to attend to while KJ and I got pedicures so we could be "sandal worthy."  Saturday night we joined friends for their weekly steak dinner.  The last time we were at their house, a huge possum walked by their front door and scared the heck out of all of us so the big joke was "were we eating steak or are we eating possum?" 

Sunday Cosmo made French toast for breakfast and Sunday he got Bagels.  Love when the
bagel boy is home!  Monday Coach and KJ went to TreeTops out on 280 for some father/daughter bonding time and then we all had Outback. 

 
Coach's flight back to BWI left BHM at 6 AM.  Daughter #1 got up at 4 AM and drove him to the airport.  Such a good girl.  She worked at the lax store this afternoon and took KJ with her.  After work, they headed downtown to the Baron's gamel  Some good, quality sisterly bonding time. 

No comments:

Total Pageviews

My Blog List

Some of My Favorite Quotes

"You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams." -- Dr. Seuss

"Nothing makes a woman more beautiful than the belief that she is beautiful." -- Sophia Loren



"There must be quite a few things a hot bath won't cure, but I don't know many of them." -- Sylvia Plath

“Life is too important to be taken seriously.” – Oscar Wilde

If people are truly, madly, deeply in love with each other, they will find a way.~Gilda Radner

“Never judge a day by its weather. Sunshine is uplifting; rain, nourishing; wind, exhilarating; snow, cleansing; hail, stimulating. Any weather is better than none.” -- Author Unknown

"Everything you see I owe to spaghetti." -- Sophia Loren

"I know I'm vulgar, but would you have me any other way?" -- Elizabeth Taylor

"After thirty, a body has a mind of its own." -- Bette Midler

"Cherish forever what makes you unique, 'cuz you're really a yawn if it goes." -- Bette Midler

“I know I can be diva-ish sometimes, but I have to be in control. The nature of my life, the nature of what I do, is divadom, it really is." -- Mariah Carey

"I want minimum information given with maximum politeness." -- Jackie Kennedy Onassis

"I've been called a diva, queen diva, diva supreme, and I love it. However, that's really for others to decide, not me." -- Aretha Franklin

"No one loves a party more than I. I am a people person." -- Aretha Franklin

"There are many little ways to enlarge your child's world. Love of books is the best of all." -- Jackie Kennedy Onassis
Blogging Resources for Women
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2011 • All Rights Reserved