Friday, May 18, 2018

Get Your Popcorn!!!

I love going to a good movie, getting a big obnoxious tub of popcorn (to share of course!) and a Coke Icee.  I've got to have the Coke Icee.  The "trailers" are always a highlight although I've never understood why they're called "trailers" if they are actually "previews."  
 

"Deadpool 2" opened today and so far the reviews are super great!  I've read reviews that said the movie is funnier and sharper than the first.  Ryan Reynolds is so damn funny (his Facebook page is hysterical) and one reviewer said Josh Brolin is a great villain (Cable).  We saw "Avengers" a couple of weekends ago and liked it.  I'm not a huge comic book-turned movie fan but I will watch Spider Man, Iron Man, Wonder Woman, Batman, Super Man, Thor.  I tried to watch Black Panther and just couldn't get into it, I won't watch Ant Man and Incredible Hulk is not one of my favorites.  And I can't stand Scarlett Johannson so I could totally do without any "Black Widow" scenes. 

"Solo," the newest Star Wars installment, opens next weekend.  Meh.  I haven't watch the last couple of Star Wars movies and I've done just fine thank you very much.   

I still want to see "Life of the Party" with Melissa McCarthy (that's gonna be me come August when KJ heads off to Ole Miss).  https://youtu.be/T1B1CxmAXLk  One of the movie critics I listen to on the radio said "Book Club" was one of the funniest movies she's reviewed all year.  Surprising.  I think that's one of those movies that can wait until it comes out on Pay Per View or Netflix. 

I'm not a fan of re-makes and think the new "Overboard" (Anna Farris, Eva Longoria) looks horrible.  Why mess with a good thing?  However, I think June will be a good movie month:  "Ocean's 8" (speaking of re-makes!), "The Incredibles 2" (let's face it; we all just want to hear Samuel L. Jackson ask "Where's.  My.  Super.  Suit??!!") and the latest "Jurassic Park" movie all open in June. 

"The Spy Who Dumped Me" with Mila Kunis, Kate McKinnon and Sam Heughan looks pretty funny!  It opens in August.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OZsYiWBgFOk  The live-action "Little Mermaid" also opens in August https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e4LfNLtVQqE  This Little Mermaid version is different than the Disney cartoon we all know and love.  This story line reminds me a lot of the book "The Museum of Extraordinary Things" by Alice Hoffman.http://alicehoffman.com/books/the-museum-of-extraordinary-things/synopsis

The Fall has some good movies coming up "Where'd you go Bernadette?" (great book!) opens in October as well as "Venom" with Tom Hardy.  "Robin Hood," "Creed 2," "Wreck-it-Ralph" (one of Coach Cos's favorites!) and "Bohemian Rhapsody" (Queen bio-pic) all open in November.  The live-action "Nutcracker" also opens in November. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DIBw9dSVKdU

Holiday movies include:  "AquaMan" with Jason Mamoa (December) and the "Mary Poppins" remake which looks pretty good -- Emily Blount plays the title character.  Pip pip!!!

No comments:

Total Pageviews

My Blog List

Some of My Favorite Quotes

"You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams." -- Dr. Seuss

"Nothing makes a woman more beautiful than the belief that she is beautiful." -- Sophia Loren



"There must be quite a few things a hot bath won't cure, but I don't know many of them." -- Sylvia Plath

“Life is too important to be taken seriously.” – Oscar Wilde

If people are truly, madly, deeply in love with each other, they will find a way.~Gilda Radner

“Never judge a day by its weather. Sunshine is uplifting; rain, nourishing; wind, exhilarating; snow, cleansing; hail, stimulating. Any weather is better than none.” -- Author Unknown

"Everything you see I owe to spaghetti." -- Sophia Loren

"I know I'm vulgar, but would you have me any other way?" -- Elizabeth Taylor

"After thirty, a body has a mind of its own." -- Bette Midler

"Cherish forever what makes you unique, 'cuz you're really a yawn if it goes." -- Bette Midler

“I know I can be diva-ish sometimes, but I have to be in control. The nature of my life, the nature of what I do, is divadom, it really is." -- Mariah Carey

"I want minimum information given with maximum politeness." -- Jackie Kennedy Onassis

"I've been called a diva, queen diva, diva supreme, and I love it. However, that's really for others to decide, not me." -- Aretha Franklin

"No one loves a party more than I. I am a people person." -- Aretha Franklin

"There are many little ways to enlarge your child's world. Love of books is the best of all." -- Jackie Kennedy Onassis
Blogging Resources for Women
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2011 • All Rights Reserved