Thursday, June 21, 2018

Commencing


Can't believe I haven't blogged about KJ's graduation!  She had a busy couple of days leading up to the actual ceremony . . . grad parties are a BIG thing here!  Friday night, Saturday and Sunday she went to several different parties with some really cute themes!  Marcus, Flower Mound, Lewisville and Hebron all had their graduations on Sunday and Monday so the kids were running around trying to hit all the parties. 

 
 

Kendall's sweet friend, a foreign exchange student, who leaves the end of June. 

Paige is attending Colorado School of Mines
 
 
 
This is her friend Emily who will be attending Ole Miss in the Fall! 
 
 
Sunday was KJ's grad party and we had such a great time!  She did an open house kind of thing because there were so many parties to go to and we had a steady stream of kids from 2 to 6 PM.  We had Fuzzy's cater everything and it was awesome!  They come in and set it all up . . . easy peasy!  They gave us a ton of food and we had leftovers for two days!  Coach and KJ totally over-ordered but I was happy not to have to cook!! 


 
 
There were 841 kids in her graduating class and that ceremony started promptly at 8 PM.  The speeches were kept very simple -- no political messages -- just nice sentiments about high school, making your mark in the world, get out there and do great things.  I think we were done by 10 PM, out of the parking lot by 10:15 PM.  
 
Recreating this tradition: 
 
Hoover High School; May 2012

Ole Miss; May 2016
 
 
Kendall and her friend Averie (one of the first friends KJ made when we moved to Texas; they were on the high school volleyball team together!)
 
 
And there you have it!  We are now the (extremely!) proud parents of a Marcus High School graduate / incoming Ole Miss Freshman!  #hottytoddy #RebelwithaCos








No comments:

Total Pageviews

My Blog List

Some of My Favorite Quotes

"You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams." -- Dr. Seuss

"Nothing makes a woman more beautiful than the belief that she is beautiful." -- Sophia Loren



"There must be quite a few things a hot bath won't cure, but I don't know many of them." -- Sylvia Plath

“Life is too important to be taken seriously.” – Oscar Wilde

If people are truly, madly, deeply in love with each other, they will find a way.~Gilda Radner

“Never judge a day by its weather. Sunshine is uplifting; rain, nourishing; wind, exhilarating; snow, cleansing; hail, stimulating. Any weather is better than none.” -- Author Unknown

"Everything you see I owe to spaghetti." -- Sophia Loren

"I know I'm vulgar, but would you have me any other way?" -- Elizabeth Taylor

"After thirty, a body has a mind of its own." -- Bette Midler

"Cherish forever what makes you unique, 'cuz you're really a yawn if it goes." -- Bette Midler

“I know I can be diva-ish sometimes, but I have to be in control. The nature of my life, the nature of what I do, is divadom, it really is." -- Mariah Carey

"I want minimum information given with maximum politeness." -- Jackie Kennedy Onassis

"I've been called a diva, queen diva, diva supreme, and I love it. However, that's really for others to decide, not me." -- Aretha Franklin

"No one loves a party more than I. I am a people person." -- Aretha Franklin

"There are many little ways to enlarge your child's world. Love of books is the best of all." -- Jackie Kennedy Onassis
Blogging Resources for Women
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2011 • All Rights Reserved