Friday, September 9, 2011

Annual Kickoff Party

Last night was the official start to the NFL season and Cosmo had the usual suspects over to watch the game. It was such a gorgeous night so he set up the huge flat screen from the store on the back deck, put up Christmas lights and they guys ate and drank their way thru the game. No need for a fire last night. Troy always brings my kids shrimp cocktail so the girls were in heaven! I've been under the weather for the last couple of days so I went to bed early and have no idea who won. However, it was very exciting to see our friend Tim on the sidelines for Green Bay. He's part of the Packers front office management and he got some good facetime on TV!


KJ had vball last night and went to the middle school game at the high school stadium with friends afterward. She had so much fun and came home very wound up! I had to go to the high school yesterday after work to take some photos of the freshman dance team and it looked like there was a really good crowd for the game(s).

Tbone is still receiving phone calls from college lacrosse coaches but she has narrowed it down to 5 or 6 schools that she's interested in and are interested in her. At this point in the game it will just be a matter of which school has the best communications department, which school she'll see the most playing time, which school gives her the most scholarship money and which school meets all our of criteria. Got to hand it to T though. As always, she's got a plan. Last night she mentioned that all of the schools except one are located in an NFL market. She's decided, at some point during college, she wants to try out for an NFL dance team. According to her, it will work out "perfectly." She can dance in the off-season and play during the regular season. She said it will be the same as what she's doing in high school just in a different location. The kid always has a goal in mind and I love that about her. However, I told her she'd have to think about buying some boobs. She's got the bod for those skimpy little cheer outfits, just not the boobs. :-)

No comments:

Total Pageviews

My Blog List

Some of My Favorite Quotes

"You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams." -- Dr. Seuss

"Nothing makes a woman more beautiful than the belief that she is beautiful." -- Sophia Loren



"There must be quite a few things a hot bath won't cure, but I don't know many of them." -- Sylvia Plath

“Life is too important to be taken seriously.” – Oscar Wilde

If people are truly, madly, deeply in love with each other, they will find a way.~Gilda Radner

“Never judge a day by its weather. Sunshine is uplifting; rain, nourishing; wind, exhilarating; snow, cleansing; hail, stimulating. Any weather is better than none.” -- Author Unknown

"Everything you see I owe to spaghetti." -- Sophia Loren

"I know I'm vulgar, but would you have me any other way?" -- Elizabeth Taylor

"After thirty, a body has a mind of its own." -- Bette Midler

"Cherish forever what makes you unique, 'cuz you're really a yawn if it goes." -- Bette Midler

“I know I can be diva-ish sometimes, but I have to be in control. The nature of my life, the nature of what I do, is divadom, it really is." -- Mariah Carey

"I want minimum information given with maximum politeness." -- Jackie Kennedy Onassis

"I've been called a diva, queen diva, diva supreme, and I love it. However, that's really for others to decide, not me." -- Aretha Franklin

"No one loves a party more than I. I am a people person." -- Aretha Franklin

"There are many little ways to enlarge your child's world. Love of books is the best of all." -- Jackie Kennedy Onassis
Blogging Resources for Women
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2011 • All Rights Reserved