Monday, September 19, 2011

What a great weekend! The weather was spectacular and we spent as much time as possible outside. I think yesterday we had breakfast, lunch & dinner outside and the girls both had lax practice so everyone got plenty of fresh air.

Friday wrapped up T's senior homecoming week and was a busy day for T. She had fun with toga day, the homecoming pep rally and the dinner the Buccanettes hosted for the Freshman dance team. Cafe Iz catered and we had so much fun w/ the decor and theme. I still wasn't feeling great and fighting this horrible cough and cold so I didn't go to the game but Hoover won so all is good. T got to see her friend who is a Thompson cheerleader but plays lax for Hoover since her school doesn't have a lax team. Saturday she worked up at the store earlier in the day, KJ had vball (her team lost both games) and Cosmo & I got the house ready for the homecoming after-party.

She had homecoming photos w/ her group around 4 PM, they went to Bonefish for dinner and then back to someone house to watch some football before going to the dance. R's truck was acting up so his mom let them take her Camaro for the night. It is a very cool car! After the dance the kids all came back to our house for a bonfire, hot dogs, s'mores, etc. Very nice group of kids, they had a lot of fun and everyone was very polite and thanked us when they left (the boys went out of their way to tell Cosmo & I goodnight which I thought was funny. You know their mom's told them "Make sure you tell T's parents thank you for having you!"). One of the girls wasn't feeling too good after dinner and got a little sick in the middle of the night and T & I drove her home around 3 AM. I was wide awake anyway and didn't fall asleep until sometime after 5 AM Sunday morning. My wonderful hubby let me sleep while he got bagels for breakfast and we had a relaxing morning before everyone went off to lacrosse practice.

I started my fall decorating Friday night while everyone was at the game and got some more done yesterday while they were at lax. I luv, luv, luv this time of year. It's still been a little warm but the humidity is gone and I can't wait to start opening some windows.

Since we've got a busy, busy weekend coming up Cosmo & KJ decided to make me a special b-day dinner a week early and made a scallops appetizer, steaks and we had mini cheesecakes for dessert. It really was a GREAT weekend!

No comments:

Total Pageviews

My Blog List

Some of My Favorite Quotes

"You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams." -- Dr. Seuss

"Nothing makes a woman more beautiful than the belief that she is beautiful." -- Sophia Loren



"There must be quite a few things a hot bath won't cure, but I don't know many of them." -- Sylvia Plath

“Life is too important to be taken seriously.” – Oscar Wilde

If people are truly, madly, deeply in love with each other, they will find a way.~Gilda Radner

“Never judge a day by its weather. Sunshine is uplifting; rain, nourishing; wind, exhilarating; snow, cleansing; hail, stimulating. Any weather is better than none.” -- Author Unknown

"Everything you see I owe to spaghetti." -- Sophia Loren

"I know I'm vulgar, but would you have me any other way?" -- Elizabeth Taylor

"After thirty, a body has a mind of its own." -- Bette Midler

"Cherish forever what makes you unique, 'cuz you're really a yawn if it goes." -- Bette Midler

“I know I can be diva-ish sometimes, but I have to be in control. The nature of my life, the nature of what I do, is divadom, it really is." -- Mariah Carey

"I want minimum information given with maximum politeness." -- Jackie Kennedy Onassis

"I've been called a diva, queen diva, diva supreme, and I love it. However, that's really for others to decide, not me." -- Aretha Franklin

"No one loves a party more than I. I am a people person." -- Aretha Franklin

"There are many little ways to enlarge your child's world. Love of books is the best of all." -- Jackie Kennedy Onassis
Blogging Resources for Women
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2011 • All Rights Reserved