Wednesday, September 28, 2011

10 on Tuesday -- Dream Vacation (As Always, a Day Late)

1. What is your dream vacation?
My dream vacation is to go to one of those far away islands and stay in one of those little huts over the water and not do anything for a week but lay in a hammock and work on my tan.

2. What has been your favorite trip so far in your life?
Favorite trip so far has got to be our trip to San Diego with the girls. I think KJ was in kindergarten. It was one of those magical vacations where everything just fell into place . . . our flight was perfect, the girls took a surf lesson, we went to the San Diego Zoo, saw the sea lions in LaJolla, the girls played in the cove and we played on the beach in Coronado and had ice cream at the Del.

3. If you and one of your best friends could go anywhere in the world for one week, where would it be and why?
LCM and I would have a fun time in Paris or London. We have very similar tastes and would have a great week having a glass of wine at a sidewalk cafe, shopping, visiting museums, etc.

4. Have you ever booked a trip using an online deal? How did it go?
The only time I booked anything travel-related on line was a hotel in Chicago for T & I. We stayed at a famous 5 star hotel right on Michigan Avenue for pennies. I would definately do it again for hotel, not sure how I feel about using it for flights.

5. What’s your favorite thing to do while you’re on vacation?
Depends on the location. Beach is a relaxing trip, other trips are for sight-seeing, museums, dining and shopping.

6. Have you ever missed an opportunity to take a trip that you regret?
I don’t think so.

7. You travel far away from home and get stranded with no way to buy anything, what’s the one thing you can’t live without?
Advil (and Chapstick).

8. What’s one of your favorite traveling memories?
Although my luggage was "lost" on our direct flight from Atlanta to Cabo and magically reappeared the morning we were heading home (my brand new luggage was held together with electrical tape. I swear it was dragged behind a truck or something), I think Cabo was one of the best vacations I ever had. I had no make-up and only the clothes (and underwear) on my back. I slept in one of Cosmo's t-shirts and rinsed my clothes out in the sink each night. I still managed to have an incredible, relaxing, romantic trip with Cosmo. I swam with the dolphins, partied on the beach, took a boat ride out to the Arch and watched the migrating gray whales from our bedroom window each morning.

9. All included resort or backpacking? Why?
All inclusive. I hate being nickle & dimed to death. We did an all inclusive for our honeymoon in Jamaica and didn't have to worry about a thing!

10. Are you more of a lie on the beach kind of person on vacation, or do you prefer to see the sights?
A little of both. If I'm at the beach, I usually park it and don't move. If I'm in Europe or a city I've never been before, I want to do and see EVERYTHING (which usually includes stupid stuff like the "World's Biggest Ball of Twine").

No comments:

Total Pageviews

My Blog List

Some of My Favorite Quotes

"You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams." -- Dr. Seuss

"Nothing makes a woman more beautiful than the belief that she is beautiful." -- Sophia Loren



"There must be quite a few things a hot bath won't cure, but I don't know many of them." -- Sylvia Plath

“Life is too important to be taken seriously.” – Oscar Wilde

If people are truly, madly, deeply in love with each other, they will find a way.~Gilda Radner

“Never judge a day by its weather. Sunshine is uplifting; rain, nourishing; wind, exhilarating; snow, cleansing; hail, stimulating. Any weather is better than none.” -- Author Unknown

"Everything you see I owe to spaghetti." -- Sophia Loren

"I know I'm vulgar, but would you have me any other way?" -- Elizabeth Taylor

"After thirty, a body has a mind of its own." -- Bette Midler

"Cherish forever what makes you unique, 'cuz you're really a yawn if it goes." -- Bette Midler

“I know I can be diva-ish sometimes, but I have to be in control. The nature of my life, the nature of what I do, is divadom, it really is." -- Mariah Carey

"I want minimum information given with maximum politeness." -- Jackie Kennedy Onassis

"I've been called a diva, queen diva, diva supreme, and I love it. However, that's really for others to decide, not me." -- Aretha Franklin

"No one loves a party more than I. I am a people person." -- Aretha Franklin

"There are many little ways to enlarge your child's world. Love of books is the best of all." -- Jackie Kennedy Onassis
Blogging Resources for Women
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2011 • All Rights Reserved