Friday, June 1, 2012

How Does this Happen?

Last night Cosmo mentioned that friends of ours recently found out their daughter has ovarian cancer.  She's a year younger than T.  And has a beautiful head full of ginger-colored hair. 

It didn't really sink in last night.  I think I was still in Orientation mode but today I thought of sweet Camille all day.  And my thoughts kept going to her family.  We've known them for probably 10 years or so.  I thought about her big brother (who is one of the nicest kids on the planet).  And her dad.  And her mom.  Especially her mom.  I can't even begin to imagine what they are going through right now.  She's a happy, out-going, vivacious young lady with an incredible family to support her. Camille has started chemo and will probably lose all of that glorious hair but her prognosis is good.  Great even.  I know, I know.  Her hair will grow back and that's the least of her worries right now.   It's just weird how things pop into your head sometimes. 

1 comment:

Candi said...

I was watching something on tv last night about this 16 y/o that had cancer. It made me so thankful and grateful for the health of both of my children (16 & 10). I just don't know what I would do if anything happened to either of them, it's unfathomable. I will send up a prayer for Camille's family.



Make Mine A Cosmo
Photobucket">
Photobucket
Dancing in the Minefields
Photobucket"/>
Life After I Dew
""/>
www.realdanagentry.blogspot.com />
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2011 • All Rights Reserved