Friday, March 1, 2013

#SaveMarkAllen

Love so much that the Hoover boys have rallied around a fellow lacrosse player.  Extremely proud of them and they are learning a valuable life lesson.  It's not all about winning.  They have taken a stand and are supporting MAR every way they know.  They're using #savemarkallen for all of their tweets and are also willing to forfeit games if it means allowing him to play. 

MAR has been playing the game since middle school.  Unfortunately, the Varsity team he played for didn't have the numbers or the talent so they dropped to JV.  MAR was the only senior on his team and is an incredible player who has the potential to get recruited.  Unfortunately, no one is going to take him seriously if he's playing on a JV team.  So, because he's played for Coach with Bamalax and knows most of the Hoover players, he requested to play for a different team.  Which should not be an issue since the sport is not sanctioned.  This has nothing to do with the school district or the AHSAA or anyone else who has nothing to do with the sport.  Unfortunately, the GBYLA, the governing body for local Birmingham lacrosse has decided that MAR should play at JCCHS or another private school. Which makes no sense.  The rule has always been that if a child wants to play but his local school does not have a team, he plays for the next nearest team.  Which, in MAR's case, is Hoover.  He's not Catholic nor has he ever attended private schools. 

This is a young man who just wants to play a sport that he loves.  This is not a young man who is whining or complaining about he's playing time.  He's never had an issue with a coach or another player.  He just wants to play lacrosse.  #SaveMarkAllen

No comments:

Total Pageviews

My Blog List

Some of My Favorite Quotes

"You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams." -- Dr. Seuss

"Nothing makes a woman more beautiful than the belief that she is beautiful." -- Sophia Loren



"There must be quite a few things a hot bath won't cure, but I don't know many of them." -- Sylvia Plath

“Life is too important to be taken seriously.” – Oscar Wilde

If people are truly, madly, deeply in love with each other, they will find a way.~Gilda Radner

“Never judge a day by its weather. Sunshine is uplifting; rain, nourishing; wind, exhilarating; snow, cleansing; hail, stimulating. Any weather is better than none.” -- Author Unknown

"Everything you see I owe to spaghetti." -- Sophia Loren

"I know I'm vulgar, but would you have me any other way?" -- Elizabeth Taylor

"After thirty, a body has a mind of its own." -- Bette Midler

"Cherish forever what makes you unique, 'cuz you're really a yawn if it goes." -- Bette Midler

“I know I can be diva-ish sometimes, but I have to be in control. The nature of my life, the nature of what I do, is divadom, it really is." -- Mariah Carey

"I want minimum information given with maximum politeness." -- Jackie Kennedy Onassis

"I've been called a diva, queen diva, diva supreme, and I love it. However, that's really for others to decide, not me." -- Aretha Franklin

"No one loves a party more than I. I am a people person." -- Aretha Franklin

"There are many little ways to enlarge your child's world. Love of books is the best of all." -- Jackie Kennedy Onassis
Blogging Resources for Women
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2011 • All Rights Reserved