Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Well, It's Official!

I have turned into a major geek!  I just asked my husband to buy me a ticket to Anaheim so I can attend this weekend's WonderCon.  http://www.comic-con.org/wca  A couple of years ago when we were in Vegas for my birthday some "Con" was in town -- it wasn't Comic Con but it was something to do with the film industry and each of the hotels on the strip was host to a movie.  We stayed at Paris during that trip and we had a bunch of the cars from Transformers in front of our hotel as well as a huge Bumblee Transformer. 

Two of my favorite shows -- TNT's "Falling Skies" and the History Channel's "Vikings" are presenting at WonderCon and I'll bet they're will be lots of spoilers. 

Sunday will be the 5th episode of Vikings (I think they filmed 9 episodes for the 1st season).  I've seen some spoilers on the internet and twitter so I think I kind of know what goes down between the main Viking and the Earl and it's not going to be pretty.  I do hope this show gets picked up for a 2nd season. 


Falling Skies, sadly, will not air until the summer (June 9, 2013) with 10 episodes.  But my DVR is already set.  Lots of questions still need to be answered:  What's going on with Hal?  What's up with the new alien we saw on the season 2 finale?  Is Ann having a normal baby or an alien baby? 

Obviously I have a thing for strong men with scruffy beards (please see previous post regarding Ben Affleck in Argo).  Oh, and let's not forget the guys from Duck Dynasty!  

No comments:

Total Pageviews

My Blog List

Some of My Favorite Quotes

"You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams." -- Dr. Seuss

"Nothing makes a woman more beautiful than the belief that she is beautiful." -- Sophia Loren



"There must be quite a few things a hot bath won't cure, but I don't know many of them." -- Sylvia Plath

“Life is too important to be taken seriously.” – Oscar Wilde

If people are truly, madly, deeply in love with each other, they will find a way.~Gilda Radner

“Never judge a day by its weather. Sunshine is uplifting; rain, nourishing; wind, exhilarating; snow, cleansing; hail, stimulating. Any weather is better than none.” -- Author Unknown

"Everything you see I owe to spaghetti." -- Sophia Loren

"I know I'm vulgar, but would you have me any other way?" -- Elizabeth Taylor

"After thirty, a body has a mind of its own." -- Bette Midler

"Cherish forever what makes you unique, 'cuz you're really a yawn if it goes." -- Bette Midler

“I know I can be diva-ish sometimes, but I have to be in control. The nature of my life, the nature of what I do, is divadom, it really is." -- Mariah Carey

"I want minimum information given with maximum politeness." -- Jackie Kennedy Onassis

"I've been called a diva, queen diva, diva supreme, and I love it. However, that's really for others to decide, not me." -- Aretha Franklin

"No one loves a party more than I. I am a people person." -- Aretha Franklin

"There are many little ways to enlarge your child's world. Love of books is the best of all." -- Jackie Kennedy Onassis
Blogging Resources for Women
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2011 • All Rights Reserved