Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Go Pack Go!

Attended our first football game of the season this weekend and I have to say Ravens fans are insane!  They were really, really, really into the game!  The tailgating was big and the fans were in crazy get-ups (everything purple and black -- boas, sunglasses, camo pants, Mardi Gras beads, jerseys, etc.).  The rain held off for the game but poured during our tailgating festivities.  Good thing we were parked under an overpass and were able to keep dry!  Very different from tailgating in the Grove or the Quad at Alabama but it was still fun.  Just a little more urban. 

Saturday, Cosmo's b-day, we met TT in Baltimore for dinner at Cheesecake Factory and had a really nice, relaxing dinner.  It was great to catch up w/ TT and hear about his job.  Can't believe he's been w/ the Packers 10 years already.  Before we met up w/ TT we walked around the Inner Harbor and watched a really good street performer.  It was a lovely afternoon and we had a great time people watching. 

Friday was our 21st wedding Anniversary and we had a low key night.  I made one of our favorite pasta dishes and we had chocolate fondue for dessert.  Cosmo sent me the most beautiful arrangement of roses and surprised me in the morning with a B&N gift card.  He has never, ever in 21 years of marriage forgotten to send me flowers on our anniversary.  Sometimes it's roses, sometimes it's a fall arrangement, sometimes it's cut flowers.  This year's arrangement is a beautiful mixture of red, yellow and coral colored roses in a pretty copper flower bucket. 

In other, super exciting news, T is coming "home" for Thanksgiving!  We originally thought she needed to be on her floor until late Sunday night and return by Friday afternoon but that's not the case!  So we got her on some great flights and can't wait to see her!  Whoop!  Whoop! 

No comments:

Total Pageviews

My Blog List

Some of My Favorite Quotes

"You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams." -- Dr. Seuss

"Nothing makes a woman more beautiful than the belief that she is beautiful." -- Sophia Loren



"There must be quite a few things a hot bath won't cure, but I don't know many of them." -- Sylvia Plath

“Life is too important to be taken seriously.” – Oscar Wilde

If people are truly, madly, deeply in love with each other, they will find a way.~Gilda Radner

“Never judge a day by its weather. Sunshine is uplifting; rain, nourishing; wind, exhilarating; snow, cleansing; hail, stimulating. Any weather is better than none.” -- Author Unknown

"Everything you see I owe to spaghetti." -- Sophia Loren

"I know I'm vulgar, but would you have me any other way?" -- Elizabeth Taylor

"After thirty, a body has a mind of its own." -- Bette Midler

"Cherish forever what makes you unique, 'cuz you're really a yawn if it goes." -- Bette Midler

“I know I can be diva-ish sometimes, but I have to be in control. The nature of my life, the nature of what I do, is divadom, it really is." -- Mariah Carey

"I want minimum information given with maximum politeness." -- Jackie Kennedy Onassis

"I've been called a diva, queen diva, diva supreme, and I love it. However, that's really for others to decide, not me." -- Aretha Franklin

"No one loves a party more than I. I am a people person." -- Aretha Franklin

"There are many little ways to enlarge your child's world. Love of books is the best of all." -- Jackie Kennedy Onassis
Blogging Resources for Women
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2011 • All Rights Reserved