Friday, October 25, 2013

Restaurant Impossible

While Cosmo was in his corporate apartment he got hooked on the Food Network.  He likes watching shows like Chopped, Guys Grocery Games, Restaurant Stakeout, and Restaurant Impossible.  And now he's got me hooked.

I really like Restaurant Impossible.  I love how they come in, update the décor of the restaurant, give it a fresh new look and fix the menu. Sometimes it's hard to watch.  The other night we watched an episode that took place in PA.  The guy had ZERO restaurant experience and was losing money left and right.  It was a very emotional episode and I felt terrible for him.  However, the other day we watched an episode that took place in TN and the owner was an arrogant ass and the place was filthy.  Absolutely disgusting and food was being stored incorrectly.  I've worked in two hotels and fortunately both chefs have been insane when it comes to the cleanliness of their kitchen.  The episode that took place in St. Louis was also sad.  They had some employees steal from them and their finances where a disaster.  Interestingly, the common denominator in all these episodes was lack of leadership from the owners. 

Whether it's a restaurant, a shop or some type of service, being a small business owner is hard and takes a lot of time and dedication.   Looking back, Cosmo and I always laugh at how clueless he was when he first opened up the lax store.  We had no idea about scheduling employees, keeping track of stock, etc.  But, we started small, made improvements and just celebrated the 6th anniversary of the store. 

No comments:

Total Pageviews

My Blog List

Some of My Favorite Quotes

"You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams." -- Dr. Seuss

"Nothing makes a woman more beautiful than the belief that she is beautiful." -- Sophia Loren



"There must be quite a few things a hot bath won't cure, but I don't know many of them." -- Sylvia Plath

“Life is too important to be taken seriously.” – Oscar Wilde

If people are truly, madly, deeply in love with each other, they will find a way.~Gilda Radner

“Never judge a day by its weather. Sunshine is uplifting; rain, nourishing; wind, exhilarating; snow, cleansing; hail, stimulating. Any weather is better than none.” -- Author Unknown

"Everything you see I owe to spaghetti." -- Sophia Loren

"I know I'm vulgar, but would you have me any other way?" -- Elizabeth Taylor

"After thirty, a body has a mind of its own." -- Bette Midler

"Cherish forever what makes you unique, 'cuz you're really a yawn if it goes." -- Bette Midler

“I know I can be diva-ish sometimes, but I have to be in control. The nature of my life, the nature of what I do, is divadom, it really is." -- Mariah Carey

"I want minimum information given with maximum politeness." -- Jackie Kennedy Onassis

"I've been called a diva, queen diva, diva supreme, and I love it. However, that's really for others to decide, not me." -- Aretha Franklin

"No one loves a party more than I. I am a people person." -- Aretha Franklin

"There are many little ways to enlarge your child's world. Love of books is the best of all." -- Jackie Kennedy Onassis
Blogging Resources for Women
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2011 • All Rights Reserved