Sunday, January 6, 2008

Gorgeous Day

"Think of giving not as a duty but as a privilege." -- John D. Rockefeller Jr.
Beautiful day here today! The temp at the bank said 71 degrees when KJ, Maggie & I had pizza at Sal's earlier this afternoon. We sat outside by the fountain and ate. Now that we're back home, I've got windows open to let in all that great fresh air.

T spent the night at ME's (see!!! I told you I would say something about you again!!!) and Magster spent the night at our house. KJ & Magster had a great time playing w/ American Girl dolls all weekend. I still have nothing accomplished at my house other than fresh sheets on my bed. I love putting the Christmas decorations out for the holidays, hate packing them up. I'll probably get more done this week while the kids are at school. They interrupt me so much! "Can we have a snack? Can you put a movie in for us? Can so and so sleep over? What's for lunch? What's for breakfast? Can I bring this gecko inside and keep it as a pet?"

Chris is on his way home from Tampa. He had a good trip despite losing this morning's game. I think it was an eye-opening experience for these kids to play teams on an national (and international) level. It's a different kind of game than what these southern kids are used to. Chris said there were a lot of "big" boys out there (6' 4" kids) and they play a more physical game. Chris also said our refs call a tight game. The refs from up north let the boys smack the hell out of each other (that's how Chris likes to play!!). Poor Jack Winters spent the night in the emergency room. In one of yesterday's game he was cramping severely. Chris said he had never seen anything like it. Jack's entire body was shaking and he was in a lot of pain. Hope he's OK during the trip home.

Taylor & I have our flights & hotel confirmed for our trip to Chicago later this month. We're both excited and hope only good things come out of it. Keep your fingers crossed!!!

"You never change something by fighting the existing reality. To change something, build a new model that makes the existing model obsolete." -- Buckminster Fuller

3 comments:

Unknown said...

How great that Chris is giving the Hoover boys opportunites like the Tampa tourney. Also, when are you going to Chicago? How fun! What are you going to do there.

monkeyseemonkeydontdo said...

Now what sport does Chris coach? Chicago...sounds fun! I am with Tracy what are you going for? Sounds very mysterious! Have a great Monday morning Team A!

Valerie said...

Shawn -- Chris coaches the Hoover lacrosse team and also has an All-star team. And, he plays on the B'ham men's team (like he isn't busy enough!)
Shawn & Tracy -- sorry! didn't mean to sound mysterious. T has signed w/ a modeling agency in Chicago and we're going at the end of this month for a photo shoot to get her portfolio together.

Total Pageviews

My Blog List

Some of My Favorite Quotes

"You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams." -- Dr. Seuss

"Nothing makes a woman more beautiful than the belief that she is beautiful." -- Sophia Loren



"There must be quite a few things a hot bath won't cure, but I don't know many of them." -- Sylvia Plath

“Life is too important to be taken seriously.” – Oscar Wilde

If people are truly, madly, deeply in love with each other, they will find a way.~Gilda Radner

“Never judge a day by its weather. Sunshine is uplifting; rain, nourishing; wind, exhilarating; snow, cleansing; hail, stimulating. Any weather is better than none.” -- Author Unknown

"Everything you see I owe to spaghetti." -- Sophia Loren

"I know I'm vulgar, but would you have me any other way?" -- Elizabeth Taylor

"After thirty, a body has a mind of its own." -- Bette Midler

"Cherish forever what makes you unique, 'cuz you're really a yawn if it goes." -- Bette Midler

“I know I can be diva-ish sometimes, but I have to be in control. The nature of my life, the nature of what I do, is divadom, it really is." -- Mariah Carey

"I want minimum information given with maximum politeness." -- Jackie Kennedy Onassis

"I've been called a diva, queen diva, diva supreme, and I love it. However, that's really for others to decide, not me." -- Aretha Franklin

"No one loves a party more than I. I am a people person." -- Aretha Franklin

"There are many little ways to enlarge your child's world. Love of books is the best of all." -- Jackie Kennedy Onassis
Blogging Resources for Women
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2011 • All Rights Reserved