Thursday, January 17, 2008

Yet another false lead

Poor KJ. She's hysterical right now. We just ran up to Lake Cyrus to look at a dog that wasn't Buddy once again. This was the people from yesterday. I had gotten an anonymous phone call (at 5:45 AM!!) that these people had a dog in their backyard the last couple of days that looked like Buddy. I drove up there yesterday, they weren't home so I put a flyer in their mailbox. They left a nasty message today around 6 PM telling me "your dog Buddy is here ONCE again and we would appreciate it if you picked him up IMMEDIATELY." I called the lady right back and she made a really weird comment about how she hopes I reimburse her for all the dog food he's eaten the last couple of months. She said this dog has been coming around their house 3 to 4 times/week for the last 7 or 8 months. I knew in my heart it wasn't Buddy but had to know (how the hell would his little shih tzu legs get him up to Lake Cyrus 3 to 4 times/week????). Sure enough, KJ & I drove up there and it wasn't Buddy. I had to take KJ w/ me because T is babysitting for neighbors down the street. Big mistake. She's been crying since we left that house. She wants to know why hasn't anyone returned him, why should somebody get to keep him, he's our pet and we paid for him, she wants him back, etc. I've been trying to prepare her for the fact that he may not be coming back, that someone else may have found him and wants to keep him. That just makes her SOOO mad. She said that's stealing.

3 comments:

monkeyseemonkeydontdo said...

She is right it is stealing and there is nothing right about it. I am so sorry you guys are going through this! IF your youngest needs a dog fix send her my way she can play with out puppy Jinga and dog Murphy, they are always looking for a good hug!

Anonymous said...

that is just wrong! What a bitch

Unknown said...

Valerie, I can't even stand it! Who in the world would behave like that, calling and yelling at you! Ugh! Seriously. I'm soooo sorry. I just hate this for you and your family. I'm still keeping my out for him.

Total Pageviews

My Blog List

Some of My Favorite Quotes

"You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams." -- Dr. Seuss

"Nothing makes a woman more beautiful than the belief that she is beautiful." -- Sophia Loren



"There must be quite a few things a hot bath won't cure, but I don't know many of them." -- Sylvia Plath

“Life is too important to be taken seriously.” – Oscar Wilde

If people are truly, madly, deeply in love with each other, they will find a way.~Gilda Radner

“Never judge a day by its weather. Sunshine is uplifting; rain, nourishing; wind, exhilarating; snow, cleansing; hail, stimulating. Any weather is better than none.” -- Author Unknown

"Everything you see I owe to spaghetti." -- Sophia Loren

"I know I'm vulgar, but would you have me any other way?" -- Elizabeth Taylor

"After thirty, a body has a mind of its own." -- Bette Midler

"Cherish forever what makes you unique, 'cuz you're really a yawn if it goes." -- Bette Midler

“I know I can be diva-ish sometimes, but I have to be in control. The nature of my life, the nature of what I do, is divadom, it really is." -- Mariah Carey

"I want minimum information given with maximum politeness." -- Jackie Kennedy Onassis

"I've been called a diva, queen diva, diva supreme, and I love it. However, that's really for others to decide, not me." -- Aretha Franklin

"No one loves a party more than I. I am a people person." -- Aretha Franklin

"There are many little ways to enlarge your child's world. Love of books is the best of all." -- Jackie Kennedy Onassis
Blogging Resources for Women
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2011 • All Rights Reserved