Monday, January 21, 2008

Secret Life of Bees

"Listening is a magnetic and strange thing, a creative force. When we really listen to people there is an alternating current, and this recharges us so that we never get tired of each other. We are constantly being re-created." -- Brenda Ueland

I just read that filming of the Secret Life of Bees began in early January. Dakota Fanning, Queen Latifah, Jennifer Hudson and Alicia Keys are starring. This is one of my absolute favorite books so I'm curious how it will translate to film.

Back to school / work tomorrow. I'm subbing for Shawn S. I'll be wearing my haz mat suit. Shawn's 2 little girls have pink eye; hope I don't catch their cooties.

I made T & KJ go to be super early tonight. T actually has bags under her eyes. KJ's just a mess. What can I say.

So we all know I'm not the most religious person on the planet and I'm not very good about going to church. Actually, I'm very good about NOT going to church. I am, however, trying to be a better person (me & Earl). You know, the basics. Not sweating the small stuff, being a better listener, leading a more gracious, generous life, etc. Having said that, I'm trying to make impressionable quotes part of my daily life. For a year or so I've been subscribing to Reverend Run's daily quotes and think I might share them on my blog (yes, that Reverend Run -- as in Run DMC). Just a sampling of some of his more profound lyrics from back in the day:
One thing I know is that life is short
So listen up homeboy, give this a thought
The next time someone's teaching why don't you get taught?
It's like that (what?) and that's the way it is
Seriously. About the lyrics, I'm just playing w/ ya. I am serious about his daily Words of Love. I sometimes send them on to Chris & T.
"Go where you're celebrated, not where you're tolerated"..God is Love, Rev Run
"Essentially, a story expresses how and why life changes." --Robert McKee

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You're so funny. Rev Run's thought is nice but only you would subscribe to Run DMC's religious thoughts! Don't take that wrong! LOL

Total Pageviews

My Blog List

Some of My Favorite Quotes

"You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams." -- Dr. Seuss

"Nothing makes a woman more beautiful than the belief that she is beautiful." -- Sophia Loren



"There must be quite a few things a hot bath won't cure, but I don't know many of them." -- Sylvia Plath

“Life is too important to be taken seriously.” – Oscar Wilde

If people are truly, madly, deeply in love with each other, they will find a way.~Gilda Radner

“Never judge a day by its weather. Sunshine is uplifting; rain, nourishing; wind, exhilarating; snow, cleansing; hail, stimulating. Any weather is better than none.” -- Author Unknown

"Everything you see I owe to spaghetti." -- Sophia Loren

"I know I'm vulgar, but would you have me any other way?" -- Elizabeth Taylor

"After thirty, a body has a mind of its own." -- Bette Midler

"Cherish forever what makes you unique, 'cuz you're really a yawn if it goes." -- Bette Midler

“I know I can be diva-ish sometimes, but I have to be in control. The nature of my life, the nature of what I do, is divadom, it really is." -- Mariah Carey

"I want minimum information given with maximum politeness." -- Jackie Kennedy Onassis

"I've been called a diva, queen diva, diva supreme, and I love it. However, that's really for others to decide, not me." -- Aretha Franklin

"No one loves a party more than I. I am a people person." -- Aretha Franklin

"There are many little ways to enlarge your child's world. Love of books is the best of all." -- Jackie Kennedy Onassis
Blogging Resources for Women
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2011 • All Rights Reserved