Monday, January 21, 2008

Rick & Bubba

My friend Shawn has been updating everyone about the Burgess family on her blog. Rick is one half of the Rick & Bubba Radio show here in B'ham (I don't listen to the show in the morning but I believe they may be syndicated as well). From what I hear, they are 2 loving, gracious, charitable, extrememely loving individuals. I can't even begin to imagine what this family is going thru right now. Please keep them in your thoughts & prayers.

Here's an update per Shawn's blog:

This is the most recent update I have gotten on the Burgess family...
Hello all. Many of you asked for an update so I will tell you what I know... Last night, around 7:30, Sherry was in the shower. Brooks, Brody, and Bronner were watching a movie. Sherry got out of the shower and they couldn't find Bronner. She went outside and found him at the bottom of the pool. She jumped in to save him, called 911, went to Children's, but he was already with Jesus. Rick was ON STAGE in Gatlinburg speaking at a youth conference about how we should all raise our standards in life to be more like Christ...Bubba made arrangements for a plane to get Rick to B'ham. When our Sunday School teacher got to the hospital, Sherry was still in her wet clothes, in a fetal position . Rick is such a man of God, he has his moments but has vowed to not let Satan get a hold of his mind, asking "why"...He says this is a fight they have ahead of them but he remains firm in his faith and even told the chaplain at the hospital that HE would be praying for HIM!!!!!! He says Bronner didn't fall into the pool, he fell into the arms of Jesus. On the other hand, Sherry needs our consistent prayers. She is in shock, feeling guilty, lots of "what ifs"...She really struggled going back to the house and has not wanted any visitors. PLEASE pray specifically for her that Satan will not consume her thoughts with guilt and anger. Pray that he showers her with His grace and mercy. No arrangements have been made yet...they are not even at a point where they can think of that. An autopsy will be performed due to it being an accidental at home death. Pray for Rick's witness, that it not be altered. Our class is devastated...we had an hour of prayer time this morning sobbing, on our knees. Please lift them up in prayer daily, as the emotions flood their minds. We were reminded in class today how important it is to keep our eyes on Him. Although tragedies occur, we are not made to understand. Satan does kill, steal, and destroy but we can't give in. Rick and Sherry have said they thank God for the blessings they received through Bronner and know that he is on his throne holding their sweet baby. What better place...Please pray diligently and savor your moments with your family. We never know...Thanks for keeping this awesome family in your thoughts and prayers.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's such a tragedy. I cannot even begin to imagine.

Total Pageviews

My Blog List

Some of My Favorite Quotes

"You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams." -- Dr. Seuss

"Nothing makes a woman more beautiful than the belief that she is beautiful." -- Sophia Loren



"There must be quite a few things a hot bath won't cure, but I don't know many of them." -- Sylvia Plath

“Life is too important to be taken seriously.” – Oscar Wilde

If people are truly, madly, deeply in love with each other, they will find a way.~Gilda Radner

“Never judge a day by its weather. Sunshine is uplifting; rain, nourishing; wind, exhilarating; snow, cleansing; hail, stimulating. Any weather is better than none.” -- Author Unknown

"Everything you see I owe to spaghetti." -- Sophia Loren

"I know I'm vulgar, but would you have me any other way?" -- Elizabeth Taylor

"After thirty, a body has a mind of its own." -- Bette Midler

"Cherish forever what makes you unique, 'cuz you're really a yawn if it goes." -- Bette Midler

“I know I can be diva-ish sometimes, but I have to be in control. The nature of my life, the nature of what I do, is divadom, it really is." -- Mariah Carey

"I want minimum information given with maximum politeness." -- Jackie Kennedy Onassis

"I've been called a diva, queen diva, diva supreme, and I love it. However, that's really for others to decide, not me." -- Aretha Franklin

"No one loves a party more than I. I am a people person." -- Aretha Franklin

"There are many little ways to enlarge your child's world. Love of books is the best of all." -- Jackie Kennedy Onassis
Blogging Resources for Women
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2011 • All Rights Reserved