Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Our very own little 4 eyes

"Only in quiet waters do things mirror themselves undistorted. Only in a quiet mind is adequate perception of the world." -- Hans Margolius


Yup. KJ needs glasses. As you know she suffers terribly from migraines and has been to the eye doctor to rule out eye issues. Last year she was barely nearsighted (not enough to correct) but this year she's a little bit further along so we decided to go ahead, get the glasses for the blackboard, tv, movies, etc. and see what happens. She picked out a super cool, funky pair of glasses. Not at all dorky or nerdy. Very hip. As I always say, it's nothing but fun and games in this house. T gets her braces off, KJ gets glasses. It never ends.

We had a great storm roll thru here last night. We really needed it and it was awesome sleeping weather. I had the window open in our room. I slept well last night but I didn't fall asleep easily. Work was fine; our new little boy rocks. He's super cute and is very friendly and outgoing. We took the kids outside after lunch which was a little bit of a mistake. We didn't realize how nasty the playground was and we may have ruined a few outfits today.

KJ brought home permission slips the other day for High School Musical on Ice in April (not exactly sure how educational that is). Now she just brought home a permission slip for the McWane Center. Obviously, it's the not the permission slip I have a problem with. It's being nickled and dimed to death. Just tell me what I owe at the beginning of the school year, let me write one big check and leave me the heck alone (ok, I will admit. I did volunteer to chaperoned the HSM on Ice trip).
Still no word on the Budster but I continue to rec'v e-mails and phone calls from friends and neighbors expressing their concern and letting me know they're still keeping an eye out for him. Thank you friends. It means so much. Today I followed-up w/ all the shelters, animal control offices, humane societies, etc. that I originally had been in touch with. We're on day #9.
"One looks back with appreciation to the brilliant teachers, but with gratitude to those who touched our human feelings. The curriculum is so much necessary raw material, but warmth is the vital element for the growing plant and for the soul of the child." -- Carl Jung
Couple of new reality shows I've started watching (and yes! I can't WAIT for Rock of Love 2 to start!!!). I started watching something about Miss America being re-vamped (the name escapes me right now). Still like Project Runway, still like the Real Housewives of Orange County and I also watch that Dallas Cowboys Cheerleader show when it's on CMT. T and I watch America's Next Top Model, I don't love NY, don't watch Big Brother and I can't stand the Bachelor and/or Bachelorettes. Still enjoy Survivor but not as much as I used to. I'll watch that pregnant Scott Baio show when it comes out. Desperate Housewives was good Sunday night and T and I are counting down the days until Lost starts up again. Thank God for TiVo! Can I get an Amen???

No comments:

Total Pageviews

My Blog List

Some of My Favorite Quotes

"You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams." -- Dr. Seuss

"Nothing makes a woman more beautiful than the belief that she is beautiful." -- Sophia Loren



"There must be quite a few things a hot bath won't cure, but I don't know many of them." -- Sylvia Plath

“Life is too important to be taken seriously.” – Oscar Wilde

If people are truly, madly, deeply in love with each other, they will find a way.~Gilda Radner

“Never judge a day by its weather. Sunshine is uplifting; rain, nourishing; wind, exhilarating; snow, cleansing; hail, stimulating. Any weather is better than none.” -- Author Unknown

"Everything you see I owe to spaghetti." -- Sophia Loren

"I know I'm vulgar, but would you have me any other way?" -- Elizabeth Taylor

"After thirty, a body has a mind of its own." -- Bette Midler

"Cherish forever what makes you unique, 'cuz you're really a yawn if it goes." -- Bette Midler

“I know I can be diva-ish sometimes, but I have to be in control. The nature of my life, the nature of what I do, is divadom, it really is." -- Mariah Carey

"I want minimum information given with maximum politeness." -- Jackie Kennedy Onassis

"I've been called a diva, queen diva, diva supreme, and I love it. However, that's really for others to decide, not me." -- Aretha Franklin

"No one loves a party more than I. I am a people person." -- Aretha Franklin

"There are many little ways to enlarge your child's world. Love of books is the best of all." -- Jackie Kennedy Onassis
Blogging Resources for Women
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2011 • All Rights Reserved