Sunday, February 1, 2009

Ab Fab (absolutely fabulous!)


Totally gorgeous day today! About 65, lots of sunshine, blue skies and a light breeze. I've got plenty of windows open.

Chris made us bacon & eggs for breakfast this morning and then we all went to the lacrosse field to set up some new nets. While Chris was stringing the nets, the girls & I walked around the track (me, T, KJ & Trixie). I only did a mile but it was so nice to be outside getting some sun on my face! Poor Trixie. We totally wore her out. She ran around the track and on the football field like a champion -- her little legs were going a mile a minute. There were lots of other folks up there w/ their dogs, too. I get a little nervous w/ Trixie around some of those bigger dogs, they look at her like she's a delicous little snack.

We had taken two cars up to the field so I came home w/ the dog and showered while Chris & the girls went to Dick's for new sneakers. Since T didn't take PE this year, we never bought her sneakers at the start of the school year. KJ got her pair in August before school started but has outgrown them. They stopped at Buffalo Wild Wings on their way home and grabbed some lunch.

Yesterday was a nice day, too. T had dance bright & early, Chris had lax pretty much all day. He had his regular Saturday high school practice and then had men's practice immediately following. We were supposed to go out last night to celebrate one of his buddy's b-days but we just kind of "nested." A couple of the guys "drunk dialed" Chris from the bar wanting to know where we were.
Two-A-Days was on MTV2 yesterday (both seasons) and it was fun watching all that drama all over again. I can't believe the show's first season was filmed during the 2005 football season. Seems like just yesterday! Good lord! It was all any one could talk about in this town. My friend Julie's little boy is in the opening credits (as a face painter) and KJ made me slow down and pause it on his face each time we watched a new show.

Last night Chris brought home Hancock w/ Will Smith (he just doesn't make a bad movie in my opinion) and a kid movie for KJ to watch. We also have been catching up on season 2 of Friday Night Lights. Chris TiVo'd the first season this fall and we started watching it. He bought season 2 on DVD and has also been TiVo'ing the new season 3; hopefully we'll get all caught up!

Chris mentioned that he heard Michael Phelps was caught smoking some "illegal" substances. Give the kid a break. Seriously. I told Chris the guy's been training his whole life for the Olympics and I'm sure he's been drug tested for years and years -- this may have been the only time in his life he's done something like this. On the other hand, after his historic Olympic wins, he is a role model to millions of young kids . . . this doesn't look too good (and I'm sure his endorsement deals are in jeopardy).
So tonight is the SuperBowl and I could really care less. I have some reading I'd like to do.

No comments:

Total Pageviews

My Blog List

Some of My Favorite Quotes

"You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams." -- Dr. Seuss

"Nothing makes a woman more beautiful than the belief that she is beautiful." -- Sophia Loren



"There must be quite a few things a hot bath won't cure, but I don't know many of them." -- Sylvia Plath

“Life is too important to be taken seriously.” – Oscar Wilde

If people are truly, madly, deeply in love with each other, they will find a way.~Gilda Radner

“Never judge a day by its weather. Sunshine is uplifting; rain, nourishing; wind, exhilarating; snow, cleansing; hail, stimulating. Any weather is better than none.” -- Author Unknown

"Everything you see I owe to spaghetti." -- Sophia Loren

"I know I'm vulgar, but would you have me any other way?" -- Elizabeth Taylor

"After thirty, a body has a mind of its own." -- Bette Midler

"Cherish forever what makes you unique, 'cuz you're really a yawn if it goes." -- Bette Midler

“I know I can be diva-ish sometimes, but I have to be in control. The nature of my life, the nature of what I do, is divadom, it really is." -- Mariah Carey

"I want minimum information given with maximum politeness." -- Jackie Kennedy Onassis

"I've been called a diva, queen diva, diva supreme, and I love it. However, that's really for others to decide, not me." -- Aretha Franklin

"No one loves a party more than I. I am a people person." -- Aretha Franklin

"There are many little ways to enlarge your child's world. Love of books is the best of all." -- Jackie Kennedy Onassis
Blogging Resources for Women
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2011 • All Rights Reserved