Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Pool Yet?


So hard to believe May 1 will be upon us. Time for our annual pool membership dues. Last year was the first year our pool opened up to non-residents and it wasn't a big deal. I knew a couple of the mom's and met some new ones. This year sounds like it's going to be a whole different ball game. Last year the YMCA pool had problems w/ it's filter and stuff and a lot of people left and joined other local pools. This year, one of the local pools is having some type of legal issues and now those folks don't have anywhere to go. I think there will be a lot of new faces at the pool this year and hopefully there will be some little girls for KJ to hang out with. There's always tons of little boys at the pool and kids T's age but there's not a whole lot of girls KJ's age. From what I've been hearing, some of the mom's that are planning to join the pool are very nice, some are total drama mamas. Whatever. I usually do my own thing at the pool. Now that KJ is older and doesn't require constant supervision, I usually fall asleep, catch up on my magazines and books and listen to my MP3 player (maybe I'll get an upgrade to an iPod this year for Mother's Day!).


Some, ok, most, of those drama mama's crack me up. They "swear" they hate the drama but man they are right in the thick of it and they talk about it constantly. My friend and I have a theory about it....these women have either missed out on a portion their own teenage / high school years or they are living vicariously thru their kids. And yup, I'll be the first one to admit I got sucked into it last year with some things that happened w/ T but I am so far removed from that now it's not even funny. Yes, I will always worry about my girls and will always have their best interests at heart (and God help anyone who messes with me and my family) but I no longer waste my time on trivial matters. I am a grown woman, not a 16-year old.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

well I hope you meet some new friends.. I hear ya on the drama... uggg it gets old quick.. I can usually pick em out pretty good...

Total Pageviews

My Blog List

Some of My Favorite Quotes

"You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams." -- Dr. Seuss

"Nothing makes a woman more beautiful than the belief that she is beautiful." -- Sophia Loren



"There must be quite a few things a hot bath won't cure, but I don't know many of them." -- Sylvia Plath

“Life is too important to be taken seriously.” – Oscar Wilde

If people are truly, madly, deeply in love with each other, they will find a way.~Gilda Radner

“Never judge a day by its weather. Sunshine is uplifting; rain, nourishing; wind, exhilarating; snow, cleansing; hail, stimulating. Any weather is better than none.” -- Author Unknown

"Everything you see I owe to spaghetti." -- Sophia Loren

"I know I'm vulgar, but would you have me any other way?" -- Elizabeth Taylor

"After thirty, a body has a mind of its own." -- Bette Midler

"Cherish forever what makes you unique, 'cuz you're really a yawn if it goes." -- Bette Midler

“I know I can be diva-ish sometimes, but I have to be in control. The nature of my life, the nature of what I do, is divadom, it really is." -- Mariah Carey

"I want minimum information given with maximum politeness." -- Jackie Kennedy Onassis

"I've been called a diva, queen diva, diva supreme, and I love it. However, that's really for others to decide, not me." -- Aretha Franklin

"No one loves a party more than I. I am a people person." -- Aretha Franklin

"There are many little ways to enlarge your child's world. Love of books is the best of all." -- Jackie Kennedy Onassis
Blogging Resources for Women
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2011 • All Rights Reserved