Wednesday, October 26, 2011

As always, a day late

1. What is the worst compliment you have ever received?
I would have to say when I was pregnant with T, one of the women I worked with said, "Oh My God! You're huge!!!" She immediately tried to retract her statement and swore she didn't mean it "that way." And yes, I was huge. She was a 9 lbs. 10 oz. baby. And KJ was even bigger. She was 10 lbs. 2 oz. And I'm 5 ft tall. So yeah. I was huge.
2. Did you/would you tell everyone the name of your baby before they were born, keep it a secret, or not choose until after they were born?
We didn't know the sex for T and we had picked a boy name and a girl name. However, when she was born, according to Cosmo, she "didn't look like an "Amanda Leigh" (I was too doped up and barely knew my own name to argue with him). When I was pregnant with KJ we found out at my ultra-sound that it was a girl and we kicked around a couple of names. T picked out KJ's middle name.
3. What is your favorite candle smell?
Depending on the season, my favorite Yankee Candle scents are: Sun & Sand, Vanilla Cupcake, Wedding Day (I think it's called something else now) and Sage & Citrus.
4. What is the best birthday/Christmas gift you received when you were pregnant or the best birthday/Christmas gift you gave a pregnant person that was really appreciated?
It wasn't a birthday or Christmas gift but I think one of the most memorable gifts I received at my shower was from my sister-in-law. Throughout my 9-months, she purchased holiday bibs and other holiday items (rattles, stuff animals, onsie's, etc) and present it to me in a large, white tub with rope handles (which we later used as a toy catch-all).
5. Who was your favorite teacher?
I don't think I had an all-time favorite teacher but I did have a few teachers I liked (not in a weird way, just liked them as teachers). I liked my one of my middle school science teachers, Mr. Lucas (he also owned the local hand-made chocolate shop). I also liked my middle school math teacher Mr. Trimble (he also owned a pizzera and a jewelry store). OK. I can see where this is going. I obviously have a thing for male teachers, chocolate, pizza and jewelry. I also liked my French teacher in high school. She was also our cheerleading coach. And I had a high school Enlish teacher, Mr. Barry, who had the richest, deepest voice and I loved to hear him read Beowulf or any other classic.
6. What is the best game/activity you have ever played at a baby shower?
I had so much fun at my friend Patti's baby shower last year. The host was great and there was never a lull in the activities. She removed the labels from jars of baby food and we had to identify the contents and we also played a funny game with string necklaces and safety pins (each time you said the word "baby" you had to give up a pin; guest at the end of the party with the most pins got a prize).
7. What was your major in college and did you end up using it in your career?
I didn't officially go off to college but did attend a business school in NJ that has since become an accredited college. And yes, I do use my business skills everyday. I even still think in shorthand in my head sometimes. Shorthand. What a dying art.
8. What is a beauty product you swear by?
I love L'oreal Voluminous Mascara in Black/Brown.
9. What is the kindest thing a stranger has ever done for you?
This is so embarrassing. I was pregnant with KJ at the time. Cosmo, T & I were out running errands and ran into McDonalds for a quick bite to eat. I didn't have my purse with me and Cosmo only had the money in his pocket. We didn't have enough on us to pay for our entire meal and the manager said, "that's OK. It's on me. Next time maybe you can return the favor to someone else who needs it." Pay it forward.
10. If you could recommend one new baby necessity, what would it be?
Probably a baby monitor. I have no idea. It's been a long, long time since I've had a baby in my house. :-)

No comments:

Total Pageviews

My Blog List

Some of My Favorite Quotes

"You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams." -- Dr. Seuss

"Nothing makes a woman more beautiful than the belief that she is beautiful." -- Sophia Loren



"There must be quite a few things a hot bath won't cure, but I don't know many of them." -- Sylvia Plath

“Life is too important to be taken seriously.” – Oscar Wilde

If people are truly, madly, deeply in love with each other, they will find a way.~Gilda Radner

“Never judge a day by its weather. Sunshine is uplifting; rain, nourishing; wind, exhilarating; snow, cleansing; hail, stimulating. Any weather is better than none.” -- Author Unknown

"Everything you see I owe to spaghetti." -- Sophia Loren

"I know I'm vulgar, but would you have me any other way?" -- Elizabeth Taylor

"After thirty, a body has a mind of its own." -- Bette Midler

"Cherish forever what makes you unique, 'cuz you're really a yawn if it goes." -- Bette Midler

“I know I can be diva-ish sometimes, but I have to be in control. The nature of my life, the nature of what I do, is divadom, it really is." -- Mariah Carey

"I want minimum information given with maximum politeness." -- Jackie Kennedy Onassis

"I've been called a diva, queen diva, diva supreme, and I love it. However, that's really for others to decide, not me." -- Aretha Franklin

"No one loves a party more than I. I am a people person." -- Aretha Franklin

"There are many little ways to enlarge your child's world. Love of books is the best of all." -- Jackie Kennedy Onassis
Blogging Resources for Women
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2011 • All Rights Reserved