Tuesday, October 11, 2011

house hunters




One of my favorite blogs/websites is: http://www.hookedonhouses.net/. They posted the following link regarding a House Hunter's (HGTV) drinking game:
http://realtybites.estately.com/house-hunters-drinking-game/
I love some of the comments listed after the post and secretly agree with most of them:





-Must have dual sinks in the en suite (sharing? are you mad?)
-a gas oven (otherwise, cooking simply can't be done)
-dedicated office space (even though he works on a loading dock)


You forgot a few....
-Stairs are too dangerous for anyone under the age of 18
-Disappointed when there is carpet and no hardwood
-Emphasize they want a house with "character" and yet go for the cookie-cutter new (or almost new) build

Do I get to drink the whole bottle if?:
- Prospective house buyer brings his/her mother on the shopping trip (a move usually reserved for "Property Virgins")
- Said granite/stainless kitchen critic admits to "never cooking"
- All three houses have enough backyard room for the dog (otherwise known as three-of-a-kind)


Drink Thrice - when the prospective buyers make a direct comment about something fundamental they do not like about the house and the agent totally ignores them and talks about something else to distract them or totally dismisses their concern. Example - gee, it's going to be kinda noisy living over the train tracks to which the agent replies - but you won't have far to walk to catch the train.


How about "Awww...only ONE bathroom (and there is only TWO of them) that's a real deal breaker"! =ONE DRINK

or....you have a couple looking for a house and when the realtor shows them a spare room he/she says WOULD MAKE A GREAT NURSERY" The wife giggles with glee and husband laughs nervously... =1/2 A DRINK


oh one more...houses are too close together and they see the neighbor's yard or the neighbor can see their yard


I am always amused when the folks featured on the show are moving out of either their parents basement or a crappy apartment and find really weird goofy stuff to complain about. I don't know if they're really are that annoying or if they're just doing it for the camers. In any event, I just want to yell "it's better than what you've got now!!!"

No comments:

Total Pageviews

My Blog List

Some of My Favorite Quotes

"You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams." -- Dr. Seuss

"Nothing makes a woman more beautiful than the belief that she is beautiful." -- Sophia Loren



"There must be quite a few things a hot bath won't cure, but I don't know many of them." -- Sylvia Plath

“Life is too important to be taken seriously.” – Oscar Wilde

If people are truly, madly, deeply in love with each other, they will find a way.~Gilda Radner

“Never judge a day by its weather. Sunshine is uplifting; rain, nourishing; wind, exhilarating; snow, cleansing; hail, stimulating. Any weather is better than none.” -- Author Unknown

"Everything you see I owe to spaghetti." -- Sophia Loren

"I know I'm vulgar, but would you have me any other way?" -- Elizabeth Taylor

"After thirty, a body has a mind of its own." -- Bette Midler

"Cherish forever what makes you unique, 'cuz you're really a yawn if it goes." -- Bette Midler

“I know I can be diva-ish sometimes, but I have to be in control. The nature of my life, the nature of what I do, is divadom, it really is." -- Mariah Carey

"I want minimum information given with maximum politeness." -- Jackie Kennedy Onassis

"I've been called a diva, queen diva, diva supreme, and I love it. However, that's really for others to decide, not me." -- Aretha Franklin

"No one loves a party more than I. I am a people person." -- Aretha Franklin

"There are many little ways to enlarge your child's world. Love of books is the best of all." -- Jackie Kennedy Onassis
Blogging Resources for Women
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2011 • All Rights Reserved