Monday, October 10, 2011

Elf on a Shelf

The other day someone posted some really funny Elf on a Shelf pics on Pinterest. Of course, I had to create a separate "Elf on a Shelf" board and re-pin them. KJ's Elves do silly things to and I found it funny to see what other Elves are up to.

I can't remember exactly what grade KJ was in when the whole Elf on a Shelf craze hit but my friend Margaret and I had the hardest time finding those damn Elves! We both improvised and unfortunately, KJ's Elf looks kind of slutty. She's a female Elf and has green sparkly knee-high boots, lots of 80's aqua net hair and a shiny, sparkly red cropped jacket that is removable. At some point during the height of the Elf craze, a boy Elf moved in too. I swear. That girl Elf is a totally hussy.

KJ's Elves are very. very mischievous and do horrible things to KJ. They TP'd her older sister's room and she got in trouble for it, they smashed a bunch of make-up on the counter and wrote on her bathroom mirror in lipstick, they make HUGE messes when they eat and they torment the dog. We've woken up in the morning and found them hanging from the chandeliers after apparently guzzling a couple of Mountain Dews and a bunch of Snickers bars.

I am not looking foward to the Elves return this upcoming holiday season. Hopefully we've grown out of them but I think KJ secretly enjoys seeing what kind of wacky stuff we can come up with.

No comments:

Total Pageviews

My Blog List

Some of My Favorite Quotes

"You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams." -- Dr. Seuss

"Nothing makes a woman more beautiful than the belief that she is beautiful." -- Sophia Loren



"There must be quite a few things a hot bath won't cure, but I don't know many of them." -- Sylvia Plath

“Life is too important to be taken seriously.” – Oscar Wilde

If people are truly, madly, deeply in love with each other, they will find a way.~Gilda Radner

“Never judge a day by its weather. Sunshine is uplifting; rain, nourishing; wind, exhilarating; snow, cleansing; hail, stimulating. Any weather is better than none.” -- Author Unknown

"Everything you see I owe to spaghetti." -- Sophia Loren

"I know I'm vulgar, but would you have me any other way?" -- Elizabeth Taylor

"After thirty, a body has a mind of its own." -- Bette Midler

"Cherish forever what makes you unique, 'cuz you're really a yawn if it goes." -- Bette Midler

“I know I can be diva-ish sometimes, but I have to be in control. The nature of my life, the nature of what I do, is divadom, it really is." -- Mariah Carey

"I want minimum information given with maximum politeness." -- Jackie Kennedy Onassis

"I've been called a diva, queen diva, diva supreme, and I love it. However, that's really for others to decide, not me." -- Aretha Franklin

"No one loves a party more than I. I am a people person." -- Aretha Franklin

"There are many little ways to enlarge your child's world. Love of books is the best of all." -- Jackie Kennedy Onassis
Blogging Resources for Women
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2011 • All Rights Reserved