Sunday, November 11, 2012

Thank You

A great big Thank You to our service men and women on Veterans Day and everyday! 

I am so thankful and proud to come from a long line of Americans who served their country.  My great grandfather on my mother's side, my Grandpa Castle and his brother, Uncle Robert both served in World War I.  Both of my grandfathers served in WWII and my Grandpa Shrodo was a POW in a German camp and escaped.  My dad served in the Air Force during Viet Nam and my Uncle Zip (my mom's oldest brother) served in the Navy on a nuclear sub during during some very frosty years with Russia.  My mom's two other brother's, my Uncle Smokey and my Uncle Mike, served in the Navy and the Air Force respectively.  My Uncle Mike did a tour in the Middle East and was awarded a Bronze Star Medal for heroism during combat.  My dad also told me one time that my great-Aunt Betty was a nurse during WWII.  I need to get a little more info on her.  Cosmo's family has served his country well, too.  His dad was in Korea and Cosmo's nephew, Louie, is in the Navy. 

Yesterday we had the opportunity to see a wonderful half-time show dedicated to the men and women of the Armed Forces at Troy University during the Navy game.  They asked all current and past service men and women to come onto the field and they received a well-deserved stading ovation.  The Troy marching band was OUTSTANDING and we clapped and cheered along as they played each the alma mater for each branch of the service.  We had such a good time at the game!  We had never been to Troy before and the campus was beautiful!  We tailgated with Brye's family before the game, got to see our favorite cheerleader, Rory, in action and even got to spend a few minutes w/ Brye after the game.  The Troy fans were very supportive of their team and it was a really great atmosphere. 
 

No comments:

Total Pageviews

My Blog List

Some of My Favorite Quotes

"You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams." -- Dr. Seuss

"Nothing makes a woman more beautiful than the belief that she is beautiful." -- Sophia Loren



"There must be quite a few things a hot bath won't cure, but I don't know many of them." -- Sylvia Plath

“Life is too important to be taken seriously.” – Oscar Wilde

If people are truly, madly, deeply in love with each other, they will find a way.~Gilda Radner

“Never judge a day by its weather. Sunshine is uplifting; rain, nourishing; wind, exhilarating; snow, cleansing; hail, stimulating. Any weather is better than none.” -- Author Unknown

"Everything you see I owe to spaghetti." -- Sophia Loren

"I know I'm vulgar, but would you have me any other way?" -- Elizabeth Taylor

"After thirty, a body has a mind of its own." -- Bette Midler

"Cherish forever what makes you unique, 'cuz you're really a yawn if it goes." -- Bette Midler

“I know I can be diva-ish sometimes, but I have to be in control. The nature of my life, the nature of what I do, is divadom, it really is." -- Mariah Carey

"I want minimum information given with maximum politeness." -- Jackie Kennedy Onassis

"I've been called a diva, queen diva, diva supreme, and I love it. However, that's really for others to decide, not me." -- Aretha Franklin

"No one loves a party more than I. I am a people person." -- Aretha Franklin

"There are many little ways to enlarge your child's world. Love of books is the best of all." -- Jackie Kennedy Onassis
Blogging Resources for Women
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2011 • All Rights Reserved