Wednesday, December 3, 2008

No Strep, No Mono

School nurse called yesterday mid-morning and said T had a fever. Picked her up at school, she slept for a while but came with me when I picked up KJ from the carpool line. KJ got into the car, took one look at T and said, "What is all over your neck???" T had some type of weird, bumpy red rash down the one side of her body from her ear down her neck and shoulder. It went away after an hour or so but I immediately thought it was strep. Took her to the pediatrician this morning, they did the strep test. Not strep. With her lethargy, sore throat, fever, etc they also did a finger prick and tested her for mono. Not mono either. So, after her doctor's appointment we did went any red-blooded American women would do on a beautiful winter's day -- we went shopping!

T had seen a pair of black suede boots she wants but when we went to look at them today, they were a little more than I'm willing to spend right now. I'd put them away for her for Christmas but that doesn't always work so well in this house. We shopped around a bit to see if we could find something similar but we didn't. We went into the Brighton store and I put a few things on a wish list so the girls and Chris could pick something out for me for Christmas. When we left the mall we called Chris to join us for lunch at Moe's. During the short, 2-minute ride from the Galleria to Moe's I joked w/ T and said I wonder how long it will take the lady from the Brighton store to call Dad. Sure enough, Chris walks into Moe's and says, "So I hear you were at the Brighton store today." On our way home from the Moe's T stopped and had her eyebrows waxed (TMI???). I don't know why she just won't pluck them like a normal person.

1 comment:

monkeyseemonkeydontdo said...

Whew no strep or mono that is good, shopping always makes you feel better!!! I love the new pic on your header, it is great! See you tom??

Total Pageviews

My Blog List

Some of My Favorite Quotes

"You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams." -- Dr. Seuss

"Nothing makes a woman more beautiful than the belief that she is beautiful." -- Sophia Loren



"There must be quite a few things a hot bath won't cure, but I don't know many of them." -- Sylvia Plath

“Life is too important to be taken seriously.” – Oscar Wilde

If people are truly, madly, deeply in love with each other, they will find a way.~Gilda Radner

“Never judge a day by its weather. Sunshine is uplifting; rain, nourishing; wind, exhilarating; snow, cleansing; hail, stimulating. Any weather is better than none.” -- Author Unknown

"Everything you see I owe to spaghetti." -- Sophia Loren

"I know I'm vulgar, but would you have me any other way?" -- Elizabeth Taylor

"After thirty, a body has a mind of its own." -- Bette Midler

"Cherish forever what makes you unique, 'cuz you're really a yawn if it goes." -- Bette Midler

“I know I can be diva-ish sometimes, but I have to be in control. The nature of my life, the nature of what I do, is divadom, it really is." -- Mariah Carey

"I want minimum information given with maximum politeness." -- Jackie Kennedy Onassis

"I've been called a diva, queen diva, diva supreme, and I love it. However, that's really for others to decide, not me." -- Aretha Franklin

"No one loves a party more than I. I am a people person." -- Aretha Franklin

"There are many little ways to enlarge your child's world. Love of books is the best of all." -- Jackie Kennedy Onassis
Blogging Resources for Women
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2011 • All Rights Reserved