Tuesday, March 6, 2012

10 on Tuesday

1. What are your designated chores in your home?
Cosmo does a lot of his own laundry and I do the laundry for the girls & myself. He has no problem cooking or running the vaccuum. I grocery shop and take of the "inside"; Cosmo is responsible for the "outside."
2. What is your least favorite chore to do around the house?
I don't have a least favorite. I don't mind doing housework, just never have enough time to get everything done which ends up getting me frustrated.
3. What was your designated chore growing up?
We always had to keep our rooms clean and I cleaned the bathroom each Saturday growing up. My brother mowed the lawn when he got older and I think we took turns doing the dishes and setting the table.
4. Did you get paid to do chores or was your allowance connected to you completing your chores? I don't remember getting an actual allowance, I think it was more of an "as needed basis."
5. If you had a bit of extra money, would you hire a cleaning person or would you save the money for something else?
Currently on the search for a good cleaning person. When I was a SAHM, obviously there was no need. But when I work full-time that seems to be part of the deal. I would much rather spend time with my family than cleaning toilets. But, even if we have a cleaning person come in a couple times a month, the girls are still responsible for their own rooms. And I don't have the cleaning person change sheets on our bed or do our laundry. That is just way too personal.
6. What chores will you make your kids do around the house?
Both girls have always helped Cosmo with yardwork all year-round. I load the dishwasher, they empty it (depending on their age I would take out glass and sharp objects first and leave mostly the plastic stuff / pots & pans). I do their laundry but they have started to fold more of it and they put it away. KJ is responsible for the dog. T runs a lot of errands for me (last summer she did the grocery shopping each week, picked-up/dropped off my dry cleaning, took my car in for oil change, etc). When they were little they both liked to dust.
7. How frequently do you do laundry? Wash your sheets? Dust?
I do laundry EVERY freakin' day. No lie. I change our sheets every week. I dust when I see something that needs to be dusted, I don’t have a schedule.
8. Do you have a designated “chore day” during the week?
No, I do a little each day.
9. What is your favorite chore–if such a thing exists?
I actually like grocery shopping but hate to cook. If Cosmo cooks, I will gladly clean-up after him. I like to do laundry (i.e., put it in the washer and put it in the dryer) but hate to fold it.
10. Do you do anything to help pass the time while doing chores (music, TV, etc.)?
Always have music blaring when I do housework (disco, 70's rock, a little hip hop, 80's hair bands -- Bon Jovi, Poison). I like to watch TV/catch up on my TiVo when I fold laundry.

No comments:

Total Pageviews

My Blog List

Some of My Favorite Quotes

"You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams." -- Dr. Seuss

"Nothing makes a woman more beautiful than the belief that she is beautiful." -- Sophia Loren



"There must be quite a few things a hot bath won't cure, but I don't know many of them." -- Sylvia Plath

“Life is too important to be taken seriously.” – Oscar Wilde

If people are truly, madly, deeply in love with each other, they will find a way.~Gilda Radner

“Never judge a day by its weather. Sunshine is uplifting; rain, nourishing; wind, exhilarating; snow, cleansing; hail, stimulating. Any weather is better than none.” -- Author Unknown

"Everything you see I owe to spaghetti." -- Sophia Loren

"I know I'm vulgar, but would you have me any other way?" -- Elizabeth Taylor

"After thirty, a body has a mind of its own." -- Bette Midler

"Cherish forever what makes you unique, 'cuz you're really a yawn if it goes." -- Bette Midler

“I know I can be diva-ish sometimes, but I have to be in control. The nature of my life, the nature of what I do, is divadom, it really is." -- Mariah Carey

"I want minimum information given with maximum politeness." -- Jackie Kennedy Onassis

"I've been called a diva, queen diva, diva supreme, and I love it. However, that's really for others to decide, not me." -- Aretha Franklin

"No one loves a party more than I. I am a people person." -- Aretha Franklin

"There are many little ways to enlarge your child's world. Love of books is the best of all." -- Jackie Kennedy Onassis
Blogging Resources for Women
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2011 • All Rights Reserved