Monday, March 12, 2012

Monday's are Rough

We play so hard on the weekends, Mondays are tough on two of the four of us (OK. It's me & KJ. We're just not morning people!). And losing an hour of sleep did not help at all.

This weekend's weather was gorgeous and T & I had a great time shopping at the Summit after the Sak's 5th Avenue Prom show. Got to spend some time with good friends, had a late lunch and enjoyed each other's company while Coach & KJ were at the boy's games in Huntsville. I got a few things for work and she bought two cute dresses at Urban Outfitters and some shoes at Belk.

Bad refs are killing Coach this year. I wasn't at the Huntsville game but KJ kept me up to date. Apparently Coach got a flag for asking the ref to clarify a call (which should have been a 1 minute penalty at best). The inexperienced ref gave Coach a 3 minute penalty instead. And then one of our players got an unsportsman-like penalty which is very un-like this particular player. Last week he also had a beautiful behind-the-back goal called back. So, two games in a row the boys games have been decided by refs. T also had 3 inexperienced refs at her game yesterday vs. Spain Park. Fortunately, it was a total and complete smack-down. I think the final score was 18-5. It was great to see some of our newer players score and get a better feel for the game.

Sunday KJ went to the local Y with a friend and swam a lot, took a yoga class, ran around the track and swam some more. I thought she would have been exhausted when she got home but at 10 PM she was up wandering around.

No comments:

Total Pageviews

My Blog List

Some of My Favorite Quotes

"You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams." -- Dr. Seuss

"Nothing makes a woman more beautiful than the belief that she is beautiful." -- Sophia Loren



"There must be quite a few things a hot bath won't cure, but I don't know many of them." -- Sylvia Plath

“Life is too important to be taken seriously.” – Oscar Wilde

If people are truly, madly, deeply in love with each other, they will find a way.~Gilda Radner

“Never judge a day by its weather. Sunshine is uplifting; rain, nourishing; wind, exhilarating; snow, cleansing; hail, stimulating. Any weather is better than none.” -- Author Unknown

"Everything you see I owe to spaghetti." -- Sophia Loren

"I know I'm vulgar, but would you have me any other way?" -- Elizabeth Taylor

"After thirty, a body has a mind of its own." -- Bette Midler

"Cherish forever what makes you unique, 'cuz you're really a yawn if it goes." -- Bette Midler

“I know I can be diva-ish sometimes, but I have to be in control. The nature of my life, the nature of what I do, is divadom, it really is." -- Mariah Carey

"I want minimum information given with maximum politeness." -- Jackie Kennedy Onassis

"I've been called a diva, queen diva, diva supreme, and I love it. However, that's really for others to decide, not me." -- Aretha Franklin

"No one loves a party more than I. I am a people person." -- Aretha Franklin

"There are many little ways to enlarge your child's world. Love of books is the best of all." -- Jackie Kennedy Onassis
Blogging Resources for Women
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2011 • All Rights Reserved