Sunday, April 15, 2012

Couldn't Get Any Crazier

This was quite possibly one of the craziest weeks in Cos Fam history. Holy cow. We are all completely mentally and physically exhausted. I slept for almost 15 hours last night and am still tired.

Cosmo was in Memphis for a couple of days and then had to get ready for DALC weekend (which I like to refer to as: "Damn! Additional Lacrosse Crap!"). It is a grueling weekend for him and he's pulled in a million different directions. On a positive note, however, he found out he has been selected to coach a national team for the 2012 Champion All-American Showcase. It's a US Lacrosse event and includes an all-expenses paid trip to Disney World! Whoop! Whop! So happy for him and incredibly proud! He will be coaching a team made up of players from all over the country. It's a great honor and well deserved. One of the guys from US Lacrosse told him he should have been nominated years ago for the work he's done promoting lacrosse in the South and I think this year he's also eligible for the lacrosse hall of fame.

Friday was prom for T-bone. So bittersweet. I can not believe she's graduating in a few short weeks. We had a really nice lunch before her hair appointment and then Seth picked her up at 5 PM for photos at the Botanical Gardens. Unfortunately, Cosmo wasn't really paying attention when I told him where to meet us and instead of driving to the Birmingham Botanical Gardens, he drove to Aldridge Gardens.
It was so awesome to see all the kids dressed up! Luv, luv, luv all the different gowns! Pastels were big this year, a lot of black as always, saw some lace this year, some white and some brights, too. In years past, prints were big but I didn't see many print dresses this year and thankfully, those awful cut-out dresses seem to be going away. T spends so much time in work-out clothes because of dance and lax so she luvs, luvs, luvs the opportunity to go glam!
After photos they went to dinner, after dinner they went to prom and after prom they all went back to a friends house. I didn't sleep well Friday night; just get so nervous when the kids are out on the road all night. T woke up early Saturday AM to help her dad at DALC and they went out with their lax family for dinner after the tournament. T met up with some friends afterward and they both left the house super early this morning for the last day of DALC. She's been on the go all weekend. I don't know how she does it.

Had to be up bright & early Saturday AM for KJ's volleyball tournament. Her team was the ONLY undefeated team the ENTIRE tournament and won the tourney for their age group. It was SO much fun and those girls played their little hearts out! All of the parents rushed onto the court when they won and did a big cheer with the girls. She had a friend sleep over last night and now she's running around at the baseball fields. Meanwhile, I have so much laundry to catch up on it's not even funny.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

OMG, her dress was GORGEOUS!!

And I don't know how your family manages to do everything that you do -- always on the go!!

Total Pageviews

My Blog List

Some of My Favorite Quotes

"You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams." -- Dr. Seuss

"Nothing makes a woman more beautiful than the belief that she is beautiful." -- Sophia Loren



"There must be quite a few things a hot bath won't cure, but I don't know many of them." -- Sylvia Plath

“Life is too important to be taken seriously.” – Oscar Wilde

If people are truly, madly, deeply in love with each other, they will find a way.~Gilda Radner

“Never judge a day by its weather. Sunshine is uplifting; rain, nourishing; wind, exhilarating; snow, cleansing; hail, stimulating. Any weather is better than none.” -- Author Unknown

"Everything you see I owe to spaghetti." -- Sophia Loren

"I know I'm vulgar, but would you have me any other way?" -- Elizabeth Taylor

"After thirty, a body has a mind of its own." -- Bette Midler

"Cherish forever what makes you unique, 'cuz you're really a yawn if it goes." -- Bette Midler

“I know I can be diva-ish sometimes, but I have to be in control. The nature of my life, the nature of what I do, is divadom, it really is." -- Mariah Carey

"I want minimum information given with maximum politeness." -- Jackie Kennedy Onassis

"I've been called a diva, queen diva, diva supreme, and I love it. However, that's really for others to decide, not me." -- Aretha Franklin

"No one loves a party more than I. I am a people person." -- Aretha Franklin

"There are many little ways to enlarge your child's world. Love of books is the best of all." -- Jackie Kennedy Onassis
Blogging Resources for Women
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2011 • All Rights Reserved