Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Day Late (What Else is New?)

1. Would you rather give up pedicures or flat/curling irons? The thought of giving up my pedicures makes me positively sick to my stomach!  I shudder at the thought!  I've flat-ironed my hair twice in my life.  So, there's your answer! 

2. Does your middle name have a family meaning? Yes.  I am Valerie Ann.  My mother is Virginia Ann.  She was named after her maternal grandmother, Virginia, and my grandfather's sister, Annie, who passed away at 16.  When I had T-bone I wanted to continue the tradition and she is T-bone Ann. 

3. Do you like to sneeze? Yes! I like a good head-clearing sneeze!

4. Do you think kids should need to learn cursive? Yes.  Especially this generation that texts everything and can't spell to save their lives. 

5. When you go to the beach for the day, what do you take? Sunscreen, water, lip balm, a hat, sunglasses, a cover-up, a couple of towels, a change purse w/ small bills and change, Twizzlers and something to read (either my Nook or a paperback or a magazine). 

6. Which decade had the best music? I really like 70's music (the Eagles, Aerosmith, stuff like that) and I really like to dance around the house to disco while I clean. 

7. Are you a good hand-shaker? I’m a phenomenal hand-shaker . . . firm grip, excellent eye contact.  I hate a floppy wimpy handshake from another woman.  Really grosses me out and totally changes my opinion of them. 

8. Do you have a go-to meal for when you are at a restaurant and you can’t decide? Depends where we are.  If I'm just not feeling anything on the menu, I usually get a Caesar salad. 

9. Do you have slippers? Yes.  I also have a pair that I keep in my weekender bag to wear in hotels.  The thought of barefeet in a hotel room skeeves me out. 

10. Are you easily grossed out? See responses to #7 and #9.  :-)

No comments:

Total Pageviews

My Blog List

Some of My Favorite Quotes

"You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams." -- Dr. Seuss

"Nothing makes a woman more beautiful than the belief that she is beautiful." -- Sophia Loren



"There must be quite a few things a hot bath won't cure, but I don't know many of them." -- Sylvia Plath

“Life is too important to be taken seriously.” – Oscar Wilde

If people are truly, madly, deeply in love with each other, they will find a way.~Gilda Radner

“Never judge a day by its weather. Sunshine is uplifting; rain, nourishing; wind, exhilarating; snow, cleansing; hail, stimulating. Any weather is better than none.” -- Author Unknown

"Everything you see I owe to spaghetti." -- Sophia Loren

"I know I'm vulgar, but would you have me any other way?" -- Elizabeth Taylor

"After thirty, a body has a mind of its own." -- Bette Midler

"Cherish forever what makes you unique, 'cuz you're really a yawn if it goes." -- Bette Midler

“I know I can be diva-ish sometimes, but I have to be in control. The nature of my life, the nature of what I do, is divadom, it really is." -- Mariah Carey

"I want minimum information given with maximum politeness." -- Jackie Kennedy Onassis

"I've been called a diva, queen diva, diva supreme, and I love it. However, that's really for others to decide, not me." -- Aretha Franklin

"No one loves a party more than I. I am a people person." -- Aretha Franklin

"There are many little ways to enlarge your child's world. Love of books is the best of all." -- Jackie Kennedy Onassis
Blogging Resources for Women
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2011 • All Rights Reserved