Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Open to Interpretation

Ask ten people what the beach means to them and you'll get ten different answers. To some it's soothing and relaxing, to others it's vibrant and exciting. Whether your beach is the Gulf, the Pacific, the Atlantic, Miami, Venice Beach, The Jersey Shore, Myrtle Beach or somewhere in the Caribbean, most people will say the beach evokes wonderful memories with family or friends.

I'm starting to think about my summer/beach dining room tablescape (some people meditate or pray when stressed, some eat, some enjoy a little retail therapy, some knit, some collect stamps or coins to relax. I decorate my dining room table.).

The beach conjures up many different images for me . . . sunsets, soft sand, blue skies, white fluffy clouds, brightly colored umbrellas and beach towels.

I found these photos while surfing the web (ha! I made a phuny!) and this is very, very similar to what I've done in the past. I have a beautiful burlap runner embroidered w/ soft blue sand-dollars, I have the same hi-ball bubble glasses with starfish accents and my margarita glasses are similar (maybe a darker blue).







I also really like the clean lines associated with the following tablescapes . . . the pure white combined with the rough textures of baskets and burlap or seagrass. So fresh and simple.

1 comment:

Christine Rosko said...

I love both of these! I would use them for different events and situations. Beach themes are always my favorite. New follower!

http://xadayinthelifex.blogspot.com/

Total Pageviews

My Blog List

Some of My Favorite Quotes

"You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams." -- Dr. Seuss

"Nothing makes a woman more beautiful than the belief that she is beautiful." -- Sophia Loren



"There must be quite a few things a hot bath won't cure, but I don't know many of them." -- Sylvia Plath

“Life is too important to be taken seriously.” – Oscar Wilde

If people are truly, madly, deeply in love with each other, they will find a way.~Gilda Radner

“Never judge a day by its weather. Sunshine is uplifting; rain, nourishing; wind, exhilarating; snow, cleansing; hail, stimulating. Any weather is better than none.” -- Author Unknown

"Everything you see I owe to spaghetti." -- Sophia Loren

"I know I'm vulgar, but would you have me any other way?" -- Elizabeth Taylor

"After thirty, a body has a mind of its own." -- Bette Midler

"Cherish forever what makes you unique, 'cuz you're really a yawn if it goes." -- Bette Midler

“I know I can be diva-ish sometimes, but I have to be in control. The nature of my life, the nature of what I do, is divadom, it really is." -- Mariah Carey

"I want minimum information given with maximum politeness." -- Jackie Kennedy Onassis

"I've been called a diva, queen diva, diva supreme, and I love it. However, that's really for others to decide, not me." -- Aretha Franklin

"No one loves a party more than I. I am a people person." -- Aretha Franklin

"There are many little ways to enlarge your child's world. Love of books is the best of all." -- Jackie Kennedy Onassis
Blogging Resources for Women
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2011 • All Rights Reserved