Saturday, May 12, 2012

Zippity-Do-Dah

Took down my Spring table decor and packed everything away until next year.  Started working on my Summer beach-themed table.  This is one of my favorites because the dining room is painted a nice blue and the dishes and accessories compliment the color very well.

Got some Spring cleaning done today while I was in the dining room . . . mopped all the hardwoods and took down the sheers to wash and hang back up.  I also need to do that in the family room and our bedroom. 

So, these Senior Year "lasts" are totally killing me.  Monday night was the band banquet and Thursday night was the Dance Showcase.  Probably the last time T will ever dance on stage again.  It was very bittersweet and the senior dance was very beautiful.  I cried really bad and just couldn't stop hugging her afterward.  One of the mom's sitting in front of me was there to watch her son's girlfriend and she turned around, took one look at me & T and starting boo-hoo-ing, too.  The son plays lax w/ Cosmo and the mom said she didn't think she'd be this emotional. 

Tonight is the Alabama / Mississippi All-Star Showcase and at half time of each game they will announce the players that are recognized by US Lacrosse as "All-State."  Hopefully, Cosmo will have an extra special presentation to make during the half-time of the boys game.  He has a player that has been nominated for All-American.  It is a HUGE deal.  There have ever been only two lacrosse All-Americans for the state of Alabama (Brye for athletics and Jeremey for academics; Brye is now the captain of the Naval Academy football team).  All-American is the player who exemplifies all the best qualities of the sport.  I know Cosmo already knows if the kid got it or not and he's not saying.  I hope he did.  He's a very special young man and is a leader on and off the field. 

This may or may not be my last blog post ever.  I may not survive the Mother's Day activities my family has planned for me.  If it's not raining, the plan is to go zip-lining.  If it rains, I'd really like to see the Avengers and have a big bucket of popcorn. 

No comments:

Total Pageviews

My Blog List

Some of My Favorite Quotes

"You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams." -- Dr. Seuss

"Nothing makes a woman more beautiful than the belief that she is beautiful." -- Sophia Loren



"There must be quite a few things a hot bath won't cure, but I don't know many of them." -- Sylvia Plath

“Life is too important to be taken seriously.” – Oscar Wilde

If people are truly, madly, deeply in love with each other, they will find a way.~Gilda Radner

“Never judge a day by its weather. Sunshine is uplifting; rain, nourishing; wind, exhilarating; snow, cleansing; hail, stimulating. Any weather is better than none.” -- Author Unknown

"Everything you see I owe to spaghetti." -- Sophia Loren

"I know I'm vulgar, but would you have me any other way?" -- Elizabeth Taylor

"After thirty, a body has a mind of its own." -- Bette Midler

"Cherish forever what makes you unique, 'cuz you're really a yawn if it goes." -- Bette Midler

“I know I can be diva-ish sometimes, but I have to be in control. The nature of my life, the nature of what I do, is divadom, it really is." -- Mariah Carey

"I want minimum information given with maximum politeness." -- Jackie Kennedy Onassis

"I've been called a diva, queen diva, diva supreme, and I love it. However, that's really for others to decide, not me." -- Aretha Franklin

"No one loves a party more than I. I am a people person." -- Aretha Franklin

"There are many little ways to enlarge your child's world. Love of books is the best of all." -- Jackie Kennedy Onassis
Blogging Resources for Women
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2011 • All Rights Reserved