Sunday, July 29, 2012

Social Sunday

I've never participated in Social Sunday before and I thought I'd give it a try.  How fun! 


Sunday Social

This Weeks Questions:

1. What is your dream job? I really enjoy being in the hospitality industry.  I'm pretty happy right now.  I work in a beautiful resort, I meet fascinating people.  However, I think my dream job would be to write a book or be a history professor. 

2. If you had just won the lottery and didn't need to work for money, what would you do with your time? Travel, travel, travel!  Not just internationally, there's plenty of stuff in the good ole US that I'd like to see / do. 

3. When you were a kid, what did you want to be when you grew up? As a little girl, I wanted to be a ballerina.  

4. What piece career advice would you give to someone just starting out in your field? Get your education; no one can ever take that away from you.  

5. Biggest Pet Peeves either in life or in blogging or at work: I hate when people walk into a store or an office or whatever and just stop.  Right in the middle of the door way.  

6. Biggest Fears: Snakes, crowds and something happen to one of my girls (not necessarily in that order). 

Next Weeks Questions are all about Fall...
1. What is your favorite Fall activity?
2. Do you follow a football team? if so which one and why?
3. What is something fun about Fall in your area?
4. Fav Fall outfit staples?
5. Thing you are looking forward to most about this coming Fall season?
6. Favorite Fall holiday? Traditions?

2 comments:

Maria Sself said...

A-a-a, Valerie, take me on a tour with you once you win the lottery!;-))) It was very nice to get to know you better!

Kate @ Daffodils said...

Thanks for your comment on my blog, tell your daughter that both uncles are single and lax players. Tommy at Lynchburg college in VA and Mike is at West Point :) I see you have some lacrosse families in your family too!

And I am with you, I would travel everywhere if I had the money.

Total Pageviews

My Blog List

Some of My Favorite Quotes

"You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams." -- Dr. Seuss

"Nothing makes a woman more beautiful than the belief that she is beautiful." -- Sophia Loren



"There must be quite a few things a hot bath won't cure, but I don't know many of them." -- Sylvia Plath

“Life is too important to be taken seriously.” – Oscar Wilde

If people are truly, madly, deeply in love with each other, they will find a way.~Gilda Radner

“Never judge a day by its weather. Sunshine is uplifting; rain, nourishing; wind, exhilarating; snow, cleansing; hail, stimulating. Any weather is better than none.” -- Author Unknown

"Everything you see I owe to spaghetti." -- Sophia Loren

"I know I'm vulgar, but would you have me any other way?" -- Elizabeth Taylor

"After thirty, a body has a mind of its own." -- Bette Midler

"Cherish forever what makes you unique, 'cuz you're really a yawn if it goes." -- Bette Midler

“I know I can be diva-ish sometimes, but I have to be in control. The nature of my life, the nature of what I do, is divadom, it really is." -- Mariah Carey

"I want minimum information given with maximum politeness." -- Jackie Kennedy Onassis

"I've been called a diva, queen diva, diva supreme, and I love it. However, that's really for others to decide, not me." -- Aretha Franklin

"No one loves a party more than I. I am a people person." -- Aretha Franklin

"There are many little ways to enlarge your child's world. Love of books is the best of all." -- Jackie Kennedy Onassis
Blogging Resources for Women
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2011 • All Rights Reserved