Sunday, January 4, 2009

Resolutions (a little late)


It's the 4th of January. 4 days into the New Year. Although it's taken me a couple of days, I think I've come up w/ a resolution I can live with. Everyone always makes the same ol' resolutions to lose weight, quit smoking, etc. This year I have decided I will no longer deal with drama queens or emotional vampires (people who suck the life out of you). I have a couple of these people in my life and I am officially done with each and everyone of you.

I will no longer recognize the individuals who consistently and constantly leave me drained when we speak on the telephone or in person. I have had it up to here with your "woe is me" attitude. I don't want to hear about your shitty husband and how living with him is such a disappointment. Please remember this is the same husband you gush about at parties when he finally does something right and you bore all of us when you talk about your sex life in great detail. When you do finally decide to divorce, I don't want to hear about it, no matter how messy it gets. I don't want to hear about your perfect, wonderful children, your financial problems or your emotionally disturbed past. You've made your choices in life, now deal with them.

Do not call me under the pretense of wishing me a happy birthday, a happy mother's day or a happy ground hog's day and end up talking about yourself for over an hour. Oh, and one more thing --- I don't ever again want to hear you say "Why didn't I know about this (whatever "this" is)?" "How come no one in the family to us XYZ?? Stop playing the victim. No one told you anything and you didn't know about it because you repeatedly monopolize the conversation. W4hen you call to discuss the problems you've been having w/ your crazy sister or talk about your psycho mother, you didn't ask after anyone else. You didn't even have the decency to ask about my husband or my girls. Shit. You didn't even ask about the weather here. The conversation, as always, was all about you. No one was able to get a word in edge-wise. So you missed out. Sorry. Better luck next time. Maybe your manners will return to you at some point.
Oh, and one more thing. Stop butting into your children's lives. Let them learn how to fight their own battles and they'll do just fine in life. If you insist on getting involved and writing people nasty e-mails, be sure you have your facts right (and for God's Sake, please learn how to use spell-check -- nothing funnier than an angry e-mail from a 44-year old woman riddled with spelling mistakes and grammatical errors. You look stupid when you accuse people of stuff that they didn't even come close to doing. Oh, one last thing. Don't ever threaten me. I will take you up on your offer and you will lose.
So, from now on, I'm only surrounding myself w/ loving, happy, caring people. If you do not receive an invite to my happy party, consider yourself out of of my life.

5 comments:

monkeyseemonkeydontdo said...

Oooooo, that sounds like a great resolution!!! I may have to adopt that one as well!!!! If my "rants" ever 'suck the life out of you' let me know, I can post some rainbows every once and a while :)!!! Have a great week, and kiss Trixie for me!!! She is so stinking cute!

Valerie said...

rants are completely different and totally acceptable. A rant is usually about a specific, controversial topic and once it's been discussed, it's over with and off your chest.

Drama Queens and Emotional Vampires are totally different. It's all about THEM. they don't care about anyone else and all they can talk about is themselves. They require constant attention.

Honestly Shawn, I like your rants. You're usually typing what I'm thinking!

Valerie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Valerie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
monkeyseemonkeydontdo said...

haha, okay then!

Total Pageviews

My Blog List

Some of My Favorite Quotes

"You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams." -- Dr. Seuss

"Nothing makes a woman more beautiful than the belief that she is beautiful." -- Sophia Loren



"There must be quite a few things a hot bath won't cure, but I don't know many of them." -- Sylvia Plath

“Life is too important to be taken seriously.” – Oscar Wilde

If people are truly, madly, deeply in love with each other, they will find a way.~Gilda Radner

“Never judge a day by its weather. Sunshine is uplifting; rain, nourishing; wind, exhilarating; snow, cleansing; hail, stimulating. Any weather is better than none.” -- Author Unknown

"Everything you see I owe to spaghetti." -- Sophia Loren

"I know I'm vulgar, but would you have me any other way?" -- Elizabeth Taylor

"After thirty, a body has a mind of its own." -- Bette Midler

"Cherish forever what makes you unique, 'cuz you're really a yawn if it goes." -- Bette Midler

“I know I can be diva-ish sometimes, but I have to be in control. The nature of my life, the nature of what I do, is divadom, it really is." -- Mariah Carey

"I want minimum information given with maximum politeness." -- Jackie Kennedy Onassis

"I've been called a diva, queen diva, diva supreme, and I love it. However, that's really for others to decide, not me." -- Aretha Franklin

"No one loves a party more than I. I am a people person." -- Aretha Franklin

"There are many little ways to enlarge your child's world. Love of books is the best of all." -- Jackie Kennedy Onassis
Blogging Resources for Women
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2011 • All Rights Reserved