Monday, January 26, 2009

Sunny Monday

the sun is out and my car thermometer read 61 this afternoon while I was out running some errands. I met Chris for lunch at a Mexican place by his office (now I smell like a chicken fajita).

KJ had a scout meeting yesterday and Evvy came over for a little while to play. Chris & the girls made homemade pizzas for dinner. It was a very low-key day.

Tonight is one of T's last basketball games and then her freshman dance career is pretty much over. She has a performance the evening of February 7 and she also mentioned participating in a Mardi Gras parade @ Patton Creek. The girls are scheduled to audition for Buccannettes the week they return from Spring Break. T's a bit nervous (she knows what it's like to make it one year and not the next) but even more so this go around: only 1 girl is graduating this year. So that means all the girls on the freshman team and all the girls on the current Buccannette squad will all be trying out. YIKES! I'm sure there are several girls that won't try-out in the spring but competition is going to be fierce. I think there were alot of freshman girls that didn't want to be on the freshman team and are waiting to be a Buccannette so that just adds to the stress.

Between Chris & T (have no idea about KJ yet), we, as a family, will have lacrosse 6 out of 7 nights. O.M.G. What in the hell were we thinking?? KJ is all signed up for softball so she'll actually be doing two sports in the spring (although lacrosse at her age is minimal). Chris is trying to talk me into going to Atlanta for Valentine's weekend. There's a big lacrosse game going on (I can't remember which teams are playing) but it's several guys that Chris has gotten to know over the years and I know he'd really like to see them play. Very, very romantic . . . me, Chris & the two girls in a hotel room somewhere in Atlanta on Valentine's Day. True togetherness.

No comments:

Total Pageviews

My Blog List

Some of My Favorite Quotes

"You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams." -- Dr. Seuss

"Nothing makes a woman more beautiful than the belief that she is beautiful." -- Sophia Loren



"There must be quite a few things a hot bath won't cure, but I don't know many of them." -- Sylvia Plath

“Life is too important to be taken seriously.” – Oscar Wilde

If people are truly, madly, deeply in love with each other, they will find a way.~Gilda Radner

“Never judge a day by its weather. Sunshine is uplifting; rain, nourishing; wind, exhilarating; snow, cleansing; hail, stimulating. Any weather is better than none.” -- Author Unknown

"Everything you see I owe to spaghetti." -- Sophia Loren

"I know I'm vulgar, but would you have me any other way?" -- Elizabeth Taylor

"After thirty, a body has a mind of its own." -- Bette Midler

"Cherish forever what makes you unique, 'cuz you're really a yawn if it goes." -- Bette Midler

“I know I can be diva-ish sometimes, but I have to be in control. The nature of my life, the nature of what I do, is divadom, it really is." -- Mariah Carey

"I want minimum information given with maximum politeness." -- Jackie Kennedy Onassis

"I've been called a diva, queen diva, diva supreme, and I love it. However, that's really for others to decide, not me." -- Aretha Franklin

"No one loves a party more than I. I am a people person." -- Aretha Franklin

"There are many little ways to enlarge your child's world. Love of books is the best of all." -- Jackie Kennedy Onassis
Blogging Resources for Women
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2011 • All Rights Reserved