Thursday, January 28, 2010

Letting my Inner Preppy Flag Fly

Well, not exactly. I'm probably the farthest thing from a "true" preppy but I do like reading several preppy girl's blogs and appreciate their total devotion to all things green and pink (I'll be honest, there's a heck of a lot of black and neutrals in my closet). I saw this cute little dress on someone else's blog, I think it's called the Elliott dress by Lilly Pulitzer. I love the colors and the shape. Cute for a spring day.

I also saw these scarves on the Lilly website. They are called the Murfee scarf. This is a little more my style. I think these would be cute with my "go to outfit" -- a plain white T and a pair of jeans. I'm a fairly simple dresser and live in jeans and t-shirts pretty much all year round. I'm crazy short and a little overweight. I don't exactly have a love affair with clothes. But I do love me some accessories! I usually have a charm bracelet on one arm, maybe some kind of a statement necklace and, depending on the weather, it's either flip-flops or cowboy boots on my feet. I also like a really great purse. And don't even get me started on shoes! My latest obsession has been rings. Big, bold statement rings. Last spring I bought both a denim skirt and a khaki skirt and got a lot of use out of both of them. Let's face it, between Chris and the girls, I'm at the lax field 4 to 5 days a week beginning late February. I don't have to dress up for anyone and I like to be comfortable when I'm sitting in the bleachers eating my chicken fingers platter from the snack stand.

Every spring I buy a bunch of plain t-shirts at either Gap or Old Navy in several different colors, a couple long sleeve or 3/4 sleeve and a couple short sleeves. I also like to buy vintage looking T-shirts. I'm not exactly sure what you'd call them but they're more like a graphic T or a "rocker" T. Nothing with dorky sayings or slogans. I'm also a big fan of the LBD (little black dress). I've noticed the last couple of weddings and/or social gatherings we've attended, I've had on some variation of the LBD. Whatever. It works!

1 comment:

Screen Door Prep said...

hehe I started out just hooked on the preppy decor&stationery. I have a closet full of little black dresses & White House/Black Market things. But then when my husband&I moved into a REAL house (after living in a townhouse), I went nuts w/ the preppy green&pink decorating, & I couldn't help but notice the clothes, too...& then my husband started commenting on how much he LOVED when I wore COLORFUL things. Big mistake. Now my closet is full of bright, colorful Lilly.

(Although I do own one solid black long-sleeve Lilly Pulitzer crewneck...I would find the ONE thing...)

Total Pageviews

My Blog List

Some of My Favorite Quotes

"You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams." -- Dr. Seuss

"Nothing makes a woman more beautiful than the belief that she is beautiful." -- Sophia Loren



"There must be quite a few things a hot bath won't cure, but I don't know many of them." -- Sylvia Plath

“Life is too important to be taken seriously.” – Oscar Wilde

If people are truly, madly, deeply in love with each other, they will find a way.~Gilda Radner

“Never judge a day by its weather. Sunshine is uplifting; rain, nourishing; wind, exhilarating; snow, cleansing; hail, stimulating. Any weather is better than none.” -- Author Unknown

"Everything you see I owe to spaghetti." -- Sophia Loren

"I know I'm vulgar, but would you have me any other way?" -- Elizabeth Taylor

"After thirty, a body has a mind of its own." -- Bette Midler

"Cherish forever what makes you unique, 'cuz you're really a yawn if it goes." -- Bette Midler

“I know I can be diva-ish sometimes, but I have to be in control. The nature of my life, the nature of what I do, is divadom, it really is." -- Mariah Carey

"I want minimum information given with maximum politeness." -- Jackie Kennedy Onassis

"I've been called a diva, queen diva, diva supreme, and I love it. However, that's really for others to decide, not me." -- Aretha Franklin

"No one loves a party more than I. I am a people person." -- Aretha Franklin

"There are many little ways to enlarge your child's world. Love of books is the best of all." -- Jackie Kennedy Onassis
Blogging Resources for Women
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2011 • All Rights Reserved