Thursday, November 27, 2008

Gobble, Gobble


Turkey Day is just about over. According to Chris, today's Turkey was one of my top 5. He said it was "ridiculously" good. As a matter of fact, he said the turkey was so good he was going to blog about it. Believe it or not, I didn't even have any. All day cooking and I didn't even have any turkey. I had plenty of mashed potatoes, plenty of stuffing (must be carb-loading) a couple of crescent rolls and I had tons of green beans. It's no secret that I don't like to cook or bake, however, I LOVE LOVE LOVE Thanksgiving. It's the one meal I can really, really "do." I even time everything just right.

T went to Austin's house around noon and met most of his family. She looked so pretty today in a gray sweater dress (that I "forced" her to wear). They came over to our house around 4 just as we were getting ready to eat. Austin said his mom's turkey was a little dry so he wanted to try mine. T didn't eat much (Austin's mom made a turkey AND a ham) but she was a trooper and helped me clean up the dishes and the kitchen. KJ helped peel some of the potatoes for dinner. She begged me to help but then got bored. Today KJ told me she can't wait until she's old enough to have a boyfriend. It was really cute. I think she has a little crush on Austin.

It's a pretty nice night out and Chris and the kids made a fire in the fire pit. Chris is getting VERY aggravated w/ one of our neighbors. Her dog(s) bark all the time. She's not home a lot and the dogs are beginning to get out of control. There have been nights were I can hardly hear the TV. It's really bugging Chris tonight because he's trying to relax w/ the kids on the back deck.

No comments:

Total Pageviews

My Blog List

Some of My Favorite Quotes

"You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams." -- Dr. Seuss

"Nothing makes a woman more beautiful than the belief that she is beautiful." -- Sophia Loren



"There must be quite a few things a hot bath won't cure, but I don't know many of them." -- Sylvia Plath

“Life is too important to be taken seriously.” – Oscar Wilde

If people are truly, madly, deeply in love with each other, they will find a way.~Gilda Radner

“Never judge a day by its weather. Sunshine is uplifting; rain, nourishing; wind, exhilarating; snow, cleansing; hail, stimulating. Any weather is better than none.” -- Author Unknown

"Everything you see I owe to spaghetti." -- Sophia Loren

"I know I'm vulgar, but would you have me any other way?" -- Elizabeth Taylor

"After thirty, a body has a mind of its own." -- Bette Midler

"Cherish forever what makes you unique, 'cuz you're really a yawn if it goes." -- Bette Midler

“I know I can be diva-ish sometimes, but I have to be in control. The nature of my life, the nature of what I do, is divadom, it really is." -- Mariah Carey

"I want minimum information given with maximum politeness." -- Jackie Kennedy Onassis

"I've been called a diva, queen diva, diva supreme, and I love it. However, that's really for others to decide, not me." -- Aretha Franklin

"No one loves a party more than I. I am a people person." -- Aretha Franklin

"There are many little ways to enlarge your child's world. Love of books is the best of all." -- Jackie Kennedy Onassis
Blogging Resources for Women
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2011 • All Rights Reserved