Monday, November 3, 2008

I hate Mondays. I really, really do.

T got home from ATL safe & sound. A little tired but she had a great time and she showed me a couple of the dances she learned.

As always, this will be a busy week around here. T has all-star lax tonight, the girls dance on Tuesday, nothing planned for Wednesday (yay!), dance Thursday, football Friday.

KJ & I are doing our best to wear Chris down and buy us a puppy. I've been in touch w/ the breeder our friends bought their dog, Lola, from. They've sent some pics of a male and a female shih-tzu they have. I like the male, Chris & KJ like the female. KJ & I have decided that if we get a female dog, we're going to name her Trixie. T is vehemently against the idea of another dog and has made it very clear that she will have nothing to do with it. She told me she helped take care of Buddy, she will not help take care of the next one. I showed her the pics the breeder sent and she said the dogs looked "gross" and looked like "Gremlins." So, KJ & I thought if we got the male dog we'd name him Gizmo after the Gremlins movie. Thanks T!


Boy Shih-Tzu


Girl Shih Tzu

KJ's school is doing a FunRun fundraiser this year instead of the annual Fall Festival. I've been attending Fall Festivals at that school since 1999. Just doesn't seem right not to have one. Anyway, this FunRun sounds interesting. The kids are supposed to run 35 laps. I can tell you right now KJ will be lucky if she can run 35 feet. Our neighbor's daughter participated in this FunRun at our parochial school and my neighbor said they cheat and mark off little itty bitty laps so the kids can get in the full 35 laps and the school gets all their money. This must be the hot new fundraiser -- friends of ours live in Vestavia and their son hit Chris up for a corporate donation from the store.

So tomorrow's the big day. Don't forget to get out there and vote. I think everyone is going to be on pins & needles Tuesday and the TV coverage is going to be ridiculous. I'm going to try my best not to watch CNN or Fox News. It will just give me a headache and upset stomach.

No comments:

Total Pageviews

My Blog List

Some of My Favorite Quotes

"You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams." -- Dr. Seuss

"Nothing makes a woman more beautiful than the belief that she is beautiful." -- Sophia Loren



"There must be quite a few things a hot bath won't cure, but I don't know many of them." -- Sylvia Plath

“Life is too important to be taken seriously.” – Oscar Wilde

If people are truly, madly, deeply in love with each other, they will find a way.~Gilda Radner

“Never judge a day by its weather. Sunshine is uplifting; rain, nourishing; wind, exhilarating; snow, cleansing; hail, stimulating. Any weather is better than none.” -- Author Unknown

"Everything you see I owe to spaghetti." -- Sophia Loren

"I know I'm vulgar, but would you have me any other way?" -- Elizabeth Taylor

"After thirty, a body has a mind of its own." -- Bette Midler

"Cherish forever what makes you unique, 'cuz you're really a yawn if it goes." -- Bette Midler

“I know I can be diva-ish sometimes, but I have to be in control. The nature of my life, the nature of what I do, is divadom, it really is." -- Mariah Carey

"I want minimum information given with maximum politeness." -- Jackie Kennedy Onassis

"I've been called a diva, queen diva, diva supreme, and I love it. However, that's really for others to decide, not me." -- Aretha Franklin

"No one loves a party more than I. I am a people person." -- Aretha Franklin

"There are many little ways to enlarge your child's world. Love of books is the best of all." -- Jackie Kennedy Onassis
Blogging Resources for Women
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2011 • All Rights Reserved