Sunday, September 21, 2008

Emmy Sunday




Another wonderful day in the neighborhood! Nice relaxing Sunday. It's also helped that Auburn lost to LSU last night.

KJ had a scout meeting today and it was our turn to bring snacks and drink. I dropped her off at the meeting and another mom (actually, it was a grandmother) offered to bring KJ home for me so I could go to yoga class. OMG I totally love yoga class. I don't know if it's the actual yoga or just the fact that I have an hour to myself.

Chris is at lax this afternoon. They were having a new player clinic and afterwards he was holding try-outs for his all-star team. This is the all-star team he'll take to Tampa in January.

I have the Emmy's red carpet on TV while I type. Vanessa Williams is so incredibly beautiful. She's really the only one I've seen so far. Heidi Klum looked pretty too but I didn't catch all of her gown. Kristen Chenoweth (I believe she was the original Glinda on Broadway) also looks stunning. She has a funny little squeaky voice, it's hard to imagine some of the power ballads that come out of her body. Marcia Cross is always classic looking. Terri Hatcher is wearing bright yellow and Nicolette Sheridan is wearing purple. I can't remember her real name but she played Miranda on Sex & the City -- anyway, she's wearing a soft, pale blue gown. Brooke Shields has on a bright color. I started watching Lipstick Jungle a little bit this year and I'm looking foward to the season premier. Tina Fey looks quite pretty. I don't ever really watch the Emmy's, I just like the pre-show. Ryan Seacrest is talking to a bunch of male actors. No offense, who cares? Everyone watches the Emmy's to see who's wearing what, not to see Neil Patrick Harris (aka Doogie Howswer all growed up).

In other celebrity news, DJ AM (Nicole Ritchie's ex) and Travis Barker, the drummer for Blink182, were in a terrible plane crash and although they both survived, they have both suffered burns. How horrible. Also, George Michael of WHAM! was arrested again in a public men's restroom. The man needs help.

1 comment:

monkeyseemonkeydontdo said...

Congrats on the prancers!!!! And George needs some help, I agree!!!

Total Pageviews

My Blog List

Some of My Favorite Quotes

"You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams." -- Dr. Seuss

"Nothing makes a woman more beautiful than the belief that she is beautiful." -- Sophia Loren



"There must be quite a few things a hot bath won't cure, but I don't know many of them." -- Sylvia Plath

“Life is too important to be taken seriously.” – Oscar Wilde

If people are truly, madly, deeply in love with each other, they will find a way.~Gilda Radner

“Never judge a day by its weather. Sunshine is uplifting; rain, nourishing; wind, exhilarating; snow, cleansing; hail, stimulating. Any weather is better than none.” -- Author Unknown

"Everything you see I owe to spaghetti." -- Sophia Loren

"I know I'm vulgar, but would you have me any other way?" -- Elizabeth Taylor

"After thirty, a body has a mind of its own." -- Bette Midler

"Cherish forever what makes you unique, 'cuz you're really a yawn if it goes." -- Bette Midler

“I know I can be diva-ish sometimes, but I have to be in control. The nature of my life, the nature of what I do, is divadom, it really is." -- Mariah Carey

"I want minimum information given with maximum politeness." -- Jackie Kennedy Onassis

"I've been called a diva, queen diva, diva supreme, and I love it. However, that's really for others to decide, not me." -- Aretha Franklin

"No one loves a party more than I. I am a people person." -- Aretha Franklin

"There are many little ways to enlarge your child's world. Love of books is the best of all." -- Jackie Kennedy Onassis
Blogging Resources for Women
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2011 • All Rights Reserved