Sunday, September 14, 2008

Showers of Happiness

T & I went to Amanda's bridal shower today. She got some really nice gifts, the food was delish and the decorations were adorable! All of us "experienced" brides decided we need a shower too. My own bridal shower was 16 years ago -- time for some new stuff!

Chris's men's lax team played the Alabama team today. I don't know what the final score was but KJ left a message on T's cell phone saying that Chris was laying the smack down on Conor. Conor played for Chris last year at the high school level so today's game they were playing as "men." Conor's been trash talking all week how he was gonna bring a wheelchair for Chris. Chris plays offense, Conor plays defense so Conor would have been covering Chris during the game. The hubster may be pushing 41 but he's still got game.

My brother & sister-in-law went away for a weekend trip and my mom & dad kept my niece & nephew all weekend. I called yesterday and it sounded like bedlam in the background. Pop was yelling, someone was crying, the dog was barking (just kidding! my parents don't even have a dog!). Anyway, I spoke w/ both kids. They sound so darn cute on the phone! I told Mr. B it was very hot at my house and he told me I needed to put the air-conditioner on in my room and shut the door cuz that what he does when it's hot at his house. Can't wait to see the little stinkers at Christmas.

Lots of fun homecoming drama at my house. Austin & T broke up a week or so ago because they don't really get to see each other alot due to their schedules. Someone else asked T, Austin asked another girl to homecoming, no big deal. Austin & T remain friends. Friday night T's "date" bailed on her (you know the story, "it's not you, it's me") and today T found out that Austin's date bailed on him. Austin & T were at the same b-day party last night and I don't think the other girl appreciates the fact that T & Austin are still friends. This other girl was kind of in a bad spot -- it was obvious to everyone that T & Austin still liked each other despite breaking up. I think the freshman are just so excited about their first homecoming dance, it's causing a lot of issues. I also think the boys asked the girls way, way too early. Maybe next year things will calm down a bit.

No comments:

Total Pageviews

My Blog List

Some of My Favorite Quotes

"You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams." -- Dr. Seuss

"Nothing makes a woman more beautiful than the belief that she is beautiful." -- Sophia Loren



"There must be quite a few things a hot bath won't cure, but I don't know many of them." -- Sylvia Plath

“Life is too important to be taken seriously.” – Oscar Wilde

If people are truly, madly, deeply in love with each other, they will find a way.~Gilda Radner

“Never judge a day by its weather. Sunshine is uplifting; rain, nourishing; wind, exhilarating; snow, cleansing; hail, stimulating. Any weather is better than none.” -- Author Unknown

"Everything you see I owe to spaghetti." -- Sophia Loren

"I know I'm vulgar, but would you have me any other way?" -- Elizabeth Taylor

"After thirty, a body has a mind of its own." -- Bette Midler

"Cherish forever what makes you unique, 'cuz you're really a yawn if it goes." -- Bette Midler

“I know I can be diva-ish sometimes, but I have to be in control. The nature of my life, the nature of what I do, is divadom, it really is." -- Mariah Carey

"I want minimum information given with maximum politeness." -- Jackie Kennedy Onassis

"I've been called a diva, queen diva, diva supreme, and I love it. However, that's really for others to decide, not me." -- Aretha Franklin

"No one loves a party more than I. I am a people person." -- Aretha Franklin

"There are many little ways to enlarge your child's world. Love of books is the best of all." -- Jackie Kennedy Onassis
Blogging Resources for Women
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2011 • All Rights Reserved