Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Not such a great day

Not a great day in the neighborhood. Root canal, sick kids, busted A/C and Chris's brother isn't doing so well. Please keep Drew in your thoughts & prayers. It's times like these when it's very difficult being so far away from family.

We left my cell phone at home while I was at my root canal and the Freshmen Center called several times to say that T was in the nurse's office sick. Poor thing. By the time Chris & I got home it was almost 2 PM so she just stuck it out and had to go to dance team/band practice after school and is now on her way to dance at the studio. She's such a trooper. KJ would have had a MAJOR meltdown and the entire state of Alabama would have known about it. She would have had all 3 major networks reporting on the breaking story and would have demanded Child Protective Services be assigned her case. She would have held a press conference with Gloria Allred, Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton.

Not sure exactly what happened at the high school today but they were in "lockdown" mode earlier today. The local HazMat team was brought in. Some type of chemical fumes coming out of one of the bathrooms.

No comments:

Total Pageviews

My Blog List

Some of My Favorite Quotes

"You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams." -- Dr. Seuss

"Nothing makes a woman more beautiful than the belief that she is beautiful." -- Sophia Loren



"There must be quite a few things a hot bath won't cure, but I don't know many of them." -- Sylvia Plath

“Life is too important to be taken seriously.” – Oscar Wilde

If people are truly, madly, deeply in love with each other, they will find a way.~Gilda Radner

“Never judge a day by its weather. Sunshine is uplifting; rain, nourishing; wind, exhilarating; snow, cleansing; hail, stimulating. Any weather is better than none.” -- Author Unknown

"Everything you see I owe to spaghetti." -- Sophia Loren

"I know I'm vulgar, but would you have me any other way?" -- Elizabeth Taylor

"After thirty, a body has a mind of its own." -- Bette Midler

"Cherish forever what makes you unique, 'cuz you're really a yawn if it goes." -- Bette Midler

“I know I can be diva-ish sometimes, but I have to be in control. The nature of my life, the nature of what I do, is divadom, it really is." -- Mariah Carey

"I want minimum information given with maximum politeness." -- Jackie Kennedy Onassis

"I've been called a diva, queen diva, diva supreme, and I love it. However, that's really for others to decide, not me." -- Aretha Franklin

"No one loves a party more than I. I am a people person." -- Aretha Franklin

"There are many little ways to enlarge your child's world. Love of books is the best of all." -- Jackie Kennedy Onassis
Blogging Resources for Women
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2011 • All Rights Reserved