Sunday, February 20, 2011

Had such a nice weekend! The weather was absolutely gorgeous! KJ had a friend sleep over Friday night, T went to the basketball game (unfortunately, Hoover lost) and Cosmo had lax practice. Saturday we did some housework in the morning and Cosmo & T both had lax practice. Later in the afternoon T & I met some ladies out for dinner and headed to the Beauty Walk at the Alabama Theater. It was such a fun night. I had only been to the Beauty Walk once before years and years ago. The girls all looked wonderful and very mature. Some very beautiful dresses on that stage last night.

Today T and I did some shopping for the pageant she plans to do over the summer. She needs an interview suit and some dresses for teas and other social events they'll be doing. She's already got the short cocktail dress she'll need for on-stage and she also has a long gown if she needs it (the long gown is my favorite. Her booty looks amazing in this gown!). She is SO excited about this pageant. Several friends have done it and have thoroughly enjoyed the experience. I don't know a lot about the program but from what I hear it's more of a scholarship program than a "beauty" pageant honoring outstanding teens. T knows the competition is stiff, some of these girls are professionals and have been participating in pageants since they were young. I think T just likes the social aspect of it. Lord knows that girl is all about the social aspect.

In lacrosse news . . . Alabama lacrosse played on the road in Louisiana this weekend (Tulane, LSU and one other school) and won all three games w/ multiple former Hoover players scoring. Awesome! Hoover High School has their season opener(s) this weekend against Houston HS from Memphis, TN. So, if you're looking for me, you know where to find me.

No comments:

Total Pageviews

My Blog List

Some of My Favorite Quotes

"You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams." -- Dr. Seuss

"Nothing makes a woman more beautiful than the belief that she is beautiful." -- Sophia Loren



"There must be quite a few things a hot bath won't cure, but I don't know many of them." -- Sylvia Plath

“Life is too important to be taken seriously.” – Oscar Wilde

If people are truly, madly, deeply in love with each other, they will find a way.~Gilda Radner

“Never judge a day by its weather. Sunshine is uplifting; rain, nourishing; wind, exhilarating; snow, cleansing; hail, stimulating. Any weather is better than none.” -- Author Unknown

"Everything you see I owe to spaghetti." -- Sophia Loren

"I know I'm vulgar, but would you have me any other way?" -- Elizabeth Taylor

"After thirty, a body has a mind of its own." -- Bette Midler

"Cherish forever what makes you unique, 'cuz you're really a yawn if it goes." -- Bette Midler

“I know I can be diva-ish sometimes, but I have to be in control. The nature of my life, the nature of what I do, is divadom, it really is." -- Mariah Carey

"I want minimum information given with maximum politeness." -- Jackie Kennedy Onassis

"I've been called a diva, queen diva, diva supreme, and I love it. However, that's really for others to decide, not me." -- Aretha Franklin

"No one loves a party more than I. I am a people person." -- Aretha Franklin

"There are many little ways to enlarge your child's world. Love of books is the best of all." -- Jackie Kennedy Onassis
Blogging Resources for Women
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2011 • All Rights Reserved