Sunday, February 27, 2011

Sunday recap & Oscar Predictions

not much of a family Sunday catch-up session with the girls today.
Cosmo was out of the house by 8:30 AM for the 10 AM JV game, Varsity is at 12 noon. T came downstairs and got in bed with me for a few minutes and said "So, when is dad coming back with bagesl???" We had gotten used to him being free on the weekends to get us bagels. We probably won't see another fresh bagel again until the summer. Oh well.

As always, busy weekend in our house. Friday was the annual lax auction. We had smaller attendance but it was one of our most successful auctions ever! Lots of new face, lots of laughs.

Saturday morning T had a Buccanettes clinic for the rising freshmen (currently middleschoolers) interested in auditioning for Buccanettes next week. The girls all went out for lunch and T met us at the fields for last nights JV and Varsity games. JV won in an incredible OT goal. Ravenwood tied it up at 8 with 10 seconds left in the game. Sudden death situation and #8 scored the game winning goal (I think he had 4 or 5 total for the day). Our Varsity didn't fare as well. Cosmo was very aggravated with the inconsistent penalties. But we ended the evening on a nice note having dinner/drinks with friends.

Today is going to be an odd day filled with lax and pageant stuff. Total opposite ends of the spectrum. Cosmo has 2 games this morning (T ran over to the fields to wish her dad luck) and then her & I will be attending a welcome tea for the pageant she's participating in this summer. After that, KJ has her first lax practice with the new middle school girls.

I've TiVo'd all the Oscar red carpet festivities in case I'm not home in time. My predictions: Colin Firth for the Kings Speech (haven't seen it), Natalie Portman for Black Swan (haven't seen it). That's all I really know. I hope those stupid kids from Glee aren't there. They really irk me.

No comments:

Total Pageviews

My Blog List

Some of My Favorite Quotes

"You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams." -- Dr. Seuss

"Nothing makes a woman more beautiful than the belief that she is beautiful." -- Sophia Loren



"There must be quite a few things a hot bath won't cure, but I don't know many of them." -- Sylvia Plath

“Life is too important to be taken seriously.” – Oscar Wilde

If people are truly, madly, deeply in love with each other, they will find a way.~Gilda Radner

“Never judge a day by its weather. Sunshine is uplifting; rain, nourishing; wind, exhilarating; snow, cleansing; hail, stimulating. Any weather is better than none.” -- Author Unknown

"Everything you see I owe to spaghetti." -- Sophia Loren

"I know I'm vulgar, but would you have me any other way?" -- Elizabeth Taylor

"After thirty, a body has a mind of its own." -- Bette Midler

"Cherish forever what makes you unique, 'cuz you're really a yawn if it goes." -- Bette Midler

“I know I can be diva-ish sometimes, but I have to be in control. The nature of my life, the nature of what I do, is divadom, it really is." -- Mariah Carey

"I want minimum information given with maximum politeness." -- Jackie Kennedy Onassis

"I've been called a diva, queen diva, diva supreme, and I love it. However, that's really for others to decide, not me." -- Aretha Franklin

"No one loves a party more than I. I am a people person." -- Aretha Franklin

"There are many little ways to enlarge your child's world. Love of books is the best of all." -- Jackie Kennedy Onassis
Blogging Resources for Women
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2011 • All Rights Reserved