Wednesday, January 25, 2012

It's All in the Genes. And the Jeans.

Thank you God for blessing me with good skin! He didn't give me height, he didn't give me a stick-thin figure but I am truly blessed with sweet little feet and healthy skin!


When I had both of my girls I suffered horribly from Melasma (also know as "pregnancy mask" or hyperpigmentation). It was terrible and lasted for several years after each of the girls were born and I was very concscience of it. When we moved to the south during my pregnancy w/ KJ, I was diligent about applying sunscreen daily. After she was born, I did a series of microdermabrasion and glycolic treatments and that seemed to kick-start my skin back into shape. I am also not a sun worshipper and although I love a healthy tan as much as the next person, I usually protect my face at all times w/ either a hat or copious quantities of Clinique City Block. I also drink a lot of water at work and I've been taking vitamins regularly the last year or so. I haven't had a professional facial in years and should probably get one soon (just a matter of finding the time!).


I guess my efforts are paying off because twice in the last two weeks I've had complete strangers ask me my age. KJ & I were at Chili's a couple of Saturday's ago and our server asked for ID. #daymade!!! Then, last night during my pedicure, the nail tech and I were making small talk and she asked if I had any kids. I told her I had two girls and my oldest was a senior in high school. She stopped what she was doing, looked up at me and said, "Wait. What?? Aren't seniors in high school like 17 or 18???" I said, "yes, my daughter will be 18 in July." She said, "Oh My God. You don't look old enough to have an 18 year old!!! How old ARE you???" Now, I don't know if she was just being sweet or fishing for a big tip but it still made me feel good!

No comments:

Total Pageviews

My Blog List

Some of My Favorite Quotes

"You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams." -- Dr. Seuss

"Nothing makes a woman more beautiful than the belief that she is beautiful." -- Sophia Loren



"There must be quite a few things a hot bath won't cure, but I don't know many of them." -- Sylvia Plath

“Life is too important to be taken seriously.” – Oscar Wilde

If people are truly, madly, deeply in love with each other, they will find a way.~Gilda Radner

“Never judge a day by its weather. Sunshine is uplifting; rain, nourishing; wind, exhilarating; snow, cleansing; hail, stimulating. Any weather is better than none.” -- Author Unknown

"Everything you see I owe to spaghetti." -- Sophia Loren

"I know I'm vulgar, but would you have me any other way?" -- Elizabeth Taylor

"After thirty, a body has a mind of its own." -- Bette Midler

"Cherish forever what makes you unique, 'cuz you're really a yawn if it goes." -- Bette Midler

“I know I can be diva-ish sometimes, but I have to be in control. The nature of my life, the nature of what I do, is divadom, it really is." -- Mariah Carey

"I want minimum information given with maximum politeness." -- Jackie Kennedy Onassis

"I've been called a diva, queen diva, diva supreme, and I love it. However, that's really for others to decide, not me." -- Aretha Franklin

"No one loves a party more than I. I am a people person." -- Aretha Franklin

"There are many little ways to enlarge your child's world. Love of books is the best of all." -- Jackie Kennedy Onassis
Blogging Resources for Women
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2011 • All Rights Reserved