Thursday, November 1, 2007

Ahh....Autumn

To me, this is the Most Wonderful Time of the Year!!!
I love everything about Fall. I love the decorations, the Indian corn, the Pilgrims, the bales of hay, the pumpkins, the food, the smells, the colors, the bounty of a cornucopia, the snuggly sweatshirts. Back in our dating and pre-kids years, Chris & I always took a romantic, hand-in-hand walk around Bear Mountain Lake in the Fall. We did walk around one year after T was born but then moved to MD by the following Fall. One of my favorite memories is Chris raking leaves at the house in NY and we put T in the pile (she was super little but her eyes were a beautiful crystal blue and she had on that little white sweater jacket Grammie bought her). She was 3 months old maybe. In MD we took several walks around a pond at a park in Glen Burnie and always bought bread crumbs so T could feed the ducks. In AL our two big traditions are the pumpkin patch (KJ will NEVER let us miss our annual trip to the pumpkin patch) and watching college TV out on the deck w/ a fire going and some s'mores. Chris & The Girls look forward to the annual Turkey Bowl they play every Thanksgiving morning w/ friends. I look forward to the peace and quiet and crescent rolls. I'm such a bad cook on one of my good days but I can really do Thanksgiving dinner. It truly is the one day of the year that I really look forward to cooking. The other 364 days I don't really care about but I really love making a bird for my family with all the trimmings: stuffing, mashed potatoes w/ lots of butter, green beans, the aforementioned crescent rolls and I like an apple pie for dessert (except none of us eats cranberry sauce for some reason).
Delicious autumn! My very soul is wedded to it, and if I were a bird I would fly about the earth seeking the successive autumns. ~ George Eliot

No comments:

Total Pageviews

My Blog List

Some of My Favorite Quotes

"You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams." -- Dr. Seuss

"Nothing makes a woman more beautiful than the belief that she is beautiful." -- Sophia Loren



"There must be quite a few things a hot bath won't cure, but I don't know many of them." -- Sylvia Plath

“Life is too important to be taken seriously.” – Oscar Wilde

If people are truly, madly, deeply in love with each other, they will find a way.~Gilda Radner

“Never judge a day by its weather. Sunshine is uplifting; rain, nourishing; wind, exhilarating; snow, cleansing; hail, stimulating. Any weather is better than none.” -- Author Unknown

"Everything you see I owe to spaghetti." -- Sophia Loren

"I know I'm vulgar, but would you have me any other way?" -- Elizabeth Taylor

"After thirty, a body has a mind of its own." -- Bette Midler

"Cherish forever what makes you unique, 'cuz you're really a yawn if it goes." -- Bette Midler

“I know I can be diva-ish sometimes, but I have to be in control. The nature of my life, the nature of what I do, is divadom, it really is." -- Mariah Carey

"I want minimum information given with maximum politeness." -- Jackie Kennedy Onassis

"I've been called a diva, queen diva, diva supreme, and I love it. However, that's really for others to decide, not me." -- Aretha Franklin

"No one loves a party more than I. I am a people person." -- Aretha Franklin

"There are many little ways to enlarge your child's world. Love of books is the best of all." -- Jackie Kennedy Onassis
Blogging Resources for Women
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2011 • All Rights Reserved