Thursday, November 29, 2007

Scenes from Christmases Past

I love seeing how everyone has changed over the years. Can't wait to see my neice Caitlyn; she was only a couple of months old the last time we saw her. She's not even going to know who we are!






























"Perception is strong and sight weak. In strategy it is important to see distant things as if they were close and to take a distanced view of close things." -- Miyamoto Musashi

Had a wonderful, relaxing night's sleep last night. I took a shower and used some Johnson & Johnson's baby wash and lotion with lavendar to help de-stress. I actually slept in the guest room and woke up feeling like I had spent the night at a 5-star hotel (minus the room service). The guest room gets really dark and it's almost sound-proof. I didn't even hear Tbone shower this morning and her room is right next door. Apparently my spouse didn't fare quite as well. The dog kept him up all night and KJ gave him a hard time this morning . . . her back hurt, she didn't have any clothes laid out, etc. He still somehow managed to get both girls to school on time. He's my hero. My very own Mr. Mom.

"When you want something, all the universe conspires in helping you to achieve it." -- Paulo Coelho
Trying to get some interior Christmas decorations put out. It's almost 65 degrees here today so it's kind of hard to get into the Christmas spirit. I've got some windows open to let in the fresh air. Maybe some Christmas CD's will help. I've always been partial to Dominic the Italian Christmas Donkey and Run DMC's Christmas in Hollis. I also like that Bon Jovi Christmas song (I think it's something like "Please come home"). Alvin & The Chipmonks always crack me up, too.
"The food that enters the mind must be watched as closely as the food that enters the body." -- Patrick Buchanan

1 comment:

Unknown said...

hi. love the pictures, they're so fun and I love Taylor's smile, it is so thoughtful. She has a beautiful smile. I have to smile with my whole teeth and gums, lol. anyway. i might have to look into the glistening gumdrops stuff at bath and body. so yummy!

Total Pageviews

My Blog List

Some of My Favorite Quotes

"You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams." -- Dr. Seuss

"Nothing makes a woman more beautiful than the belief that she is beautiful." -- Sophia Loren



"There must be quite a few things a hot bath won't cure, but I don't know many of them." -- Sylvia Plath

“Life is too important to be taken seriously.” – Oscar Wilde

If people are truly, madly, deeply in love with each other, they will find a way.~Gilda Radner

“Never judge a day by its weather. Sunshine is uplifting; rain, nourishing; wind, exhilarating; snow, cleansing; hail, stimulating. Any weather is better than none.” -- Author Unknown

"Everything you see I owe to spaghetti." -- Sophia Loren

"I know I'm vulgar, but would you have me any other way?" -- Elizabeth Taylor

"After thirty, a body has a mind of its own." -- Bette Midler

"Cherish forever what makes you unique, 'cuz you're really a yawn if it goes." -- Bette Midler

“I know I can be diva-ish sometimes, but I have to be in control. The nature of my life, the nature of what I do, is divadom, it really is." -- Mariah Carey

"I want minimum information given with maximum politeness." -- Jackie Kennedy Onassis

"I've been called a diva, queen diva, diva supreme, and I love it. However, that's really for others to decide, not me." -- Aretha Franklin

"No one loves a party more than I. I am a people person." -- Aretha Franklin

"There are many little ways to enlarge your child's world. Love of books is the best of all." -- Jackie Kennedy Onassis
Blogging Resources for Women
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2011 • All Rights Reserved