Wednesday, November 7, 2007

"Gratitude is something of which none of us can give too much. For on the smiles, the thanks we give, our little gestures of appreciation, our neighbors build their philosophy of life." -- A.J. Cronin

Beautiful weather today. I love it . . . crisp, cool air; plenty of sunshine.

Our new little girl started at playschool today, Anna Beth. She did wonderful. A couple of cries for mama but nothing major. She snuggled w/ me in the rocking chair and fell asleep for about a half-hour. Camila, Hunter and Meredith all fell asleep too today. 4 out of 7 babies were out like a light! I call them babies but technically I guess they're toddlers (18 - 24 months).

Started Christmas shopping today. The girl at Toys R Us was a complete idiot (she kept yawning and rubbing her eyes like she was exhausted. You work at Toys R Us, how hard can it be???). I purchased something (can't say what because I don't want that person to read what it is on my blog!) and the dumb ass didn't put it in my bag. I was halfway out of the store and for some reason I looked in the bag and sure enough, it wasn't in there. I went BACK to the cashier and she looked at me like I had 2 heads. The item I bought was sitting right on the counter where she left it.

With 2 daughters, I rarely have to buy little boy presents. Brandon, my only nephew, has turned 4 and it seems like this is the first year he's out of the "baby" stuff. I wanted to buy him something from Disney's Cars. I'm used to pink or pastel colored packaging (i.e, Barbie, Littlest Pet Shop, My Little Pony). I went down one of the boy aisles and felt like I had entered a entirely different dimension. Everything was in really dark boxes, red or deep blue and had really angry, bold lettering. It was really weird.

Hubby gets home from Dallas tonight. KJ has homework to catch up on. T has hip-hop and really needs to get her eyebrows waxed. She has a serious aversion to tweezers but has no problem letting a stranger pour hot wax on her face.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

i'm with taylor on the eye brow issue. tweezers make my my stomach turn. blah!

so glad anna beth did good.

Total Pageviews

My Blog List

Some of My Favorite Quotes

"You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams." -- Dr. Seuss

"Nothing makes a woman more beautiful than the belief that she is beautiful." -- Sophia Loren



"There must be quite a few things a hot bath won't cure, but I don't know many of them." -- Sylvia Plath

“Life is too important to be taken seriously.” – Oscar Wilde

If people are truly, madly, deeply in love with each other, they will find a way.~Gilda Radner

“Never judge a day by its weather. Sunshine is uplifting; rain, nourishing; wind, exhilarating; snow, cleansing; hail, stimulating. Any weather is better than none.” -- Author Unknown

"Everything you see I owe to spaghetti." -- Sophia Loren

"I know I'm vulgar, but would you have me any other way?" -- Elizabeth Taylor

"After thirty, a body has a mind of its own." -- Bette Midler

"Cherish forever what makes you unique, 'cuz you're really a yawn if it goes." -- Bette Midler

“I know I can be diva-ish sometimes, but I have to be in control. The nature of my life, the nature of what I do, is divadom, it really is." -- Mariah Carey

"I want minimum information given with maximum politeness." -- Jackie Kennedy Onassis

"I've been called a diva, queen diva, diva supreme, and I love it. However, that's really for others to decide, not me." -- Aretha Franklin

"No one loves a party more than I. I am a people person." -- Aretha Franklin

"There are many little ways to enlarge your child's world. Love of books is the best of all." -- Jackie Kennedy Onassis
Blogging Resources for Women
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2011 • All Rights Reserved