Friday, November 2, 2007

Not So Newsworthy Friday

Not much going on today. Very quiet in the house today. Just me & the Budster. Kendall got into a little bit of trouble last night and went to bed fairly early. She woke up very happy and energetic this morning. Maybe I'm on to something here (or maybe she's just buttering me up. She wants a friend to sleep over tonight). She's not having anyone over until her room is clean. She better get that room cleaned before her father comes home from Dallas or he will positively FREAK.

My friend Tracy has a wonderful quote on her blog today about Hoover football. While I was not a Propst fan, I was not a Propst basher, either. The last couple of weeks, however, I begin to feel that he just needed to go. His little girl was on Taylor's softball team this spring and was a super sweet girl. I feel very sorry for his family and for the boys who played football this year. What a horrible distraction. Whatever Propst did in his personal life is between him, his wife and his God. No one is perfect. The grade changing bothered me but again, the teachers that did it were adults and should have been mature and confident to make their own decisions. The "illegal" player just stumped me. Why didn't a school secretary pick up on this? I know each year when I register my kids for school there is a section about custody papers, etc. Also, I can probably name 10 kids (some in my own neighborhood) who are attending Hoover schools because one of their divorced parents still lives here while the custodial parent moved into a different school district. I am also horribly disappointed with the Board of Ed. I believe Andy Craig is doing the right thing by taking a "wait and see" approach before making any comments. Suzy Baker, however, needs to shut the hell up. Apparently she is SOOOOO anti-Hoover and SOOOOO pro-Spain Park. I love how she makes comments about Propst's morality yet she's the one who appears on camera with shockingly low-cut clothes to show off the best boobs money can buy. Rumor is Bryant Gumble is trying to interview her for HBO. God help us all.

Anyway, those are my random, rambling thoughts for the day.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

ditto ditto ditto on the whole suzy baker issue! ugh! yuck! bryant gumble please go away~ i'm so glad that the girls aren't there this year! it'll all be okay and great for the bumpus/simmons players. they're team to watch in the future. however, it is so sad for the current team. i just hate it for them. Go Bucs! Kick booty and win state!

Total Pageviews

My Blog List

Some of My Favorite Quotes

"You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams." -- Dr. Seuss

"Nothing makes a woman more beautiful than the belief that she is beautiful." -- Sophia Loren



"There must be quite a few things a hot bath won't cure, but I don't know many of them." -- Sylvia Plath

“Life is too important to be taken seriously.” – Oscar Wilde

If people are truly, madly, deeply in love with each other, they will find a way.~Gilda Radner

“Never judge a day by its weather. Sunshine is uplifting; rain, nourishing; wind, exhilarating; snow, cleansing; hail, stimulating. Any weather is better than none.” -- Author Unknown

"Everything you see I owe to spaghetti." -- Sophia Loren

"I know I'm vulgar, but would you have me any other way?" -- Elizabeth Taylor

"After thirty, a body has a mind of its own." -- Bette Midler

"Cherish forever what makes you unique, 'cuz you're really a yawn if it goes." -- Bette Midler

“I know I can be diva-ish sometimes, but I have to be in control. The nature of my life, the nature of what I do, is divadom, it really is." -- Mariah Carey

"I want minimum information given with maximum politeness." -- Jackie Kennedy Onassis

"I've been called a diva, queen diva, diva supreme, and I love it. However, that's really for others to decide, not me." -- Aretha Franklin

"No one loves a party more than I. I am a people person." -- Aretha Franklin

"There are many little ways to enlarge your child's world. Love of books is the best of all." -- Jackie Kennedy Onassis
Blogging Resources for Women
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2011 • All Rights Reserved