Thursday, November 22, 2007

Happy Thanksgiving!

"He who wishes to secure the good of others has already secured his own." --Confucius

We have a lot to be thankful for this year and I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving surrounded by those they love! Although we weren't with friends or family, we thought of you all today and kept you in our hearts.

My bird came out pretty good if I do say so myself and T was a big help in the kitchen this year! However, the best part about our Thanksgiving day dinner was not the food, it was during dessert when KJ made T laugh so hard she spewed milk all over the table. It's just not a holiday in our house unless a beverage comes out your nose.

"My home is not a place, it is people." -- Lois McMaster Bujold
T would like to go shopping Friday but that's not going to happen. There's no way in HELL I'll be anywhere near a mall or a store tomorrow. Chris took her one year and he said he'll never do it again! Our first Thanksgiving here my sister-in-law Laurie & I went shopping and had a lot of fun. KJ was just a baby and I don't think we did much Christmas shopping. If I remember correctly, I mainly bought post-baby clothes.
We are weaving character every day, and the way to weave the best character is to be kind and to be useful. Think right, act right; it is what we think and do that makes us who we are. --Elbert Hubbard

No comments:

Total Pageviews

My Blog List

Some of My Favorite Quotes

"You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams." -- Dr. Seuss

"Nothing makes a woman more beautiful than the belief that she is beautiful." -- Sophia Loren



"There must be quite a few things a hot bath won't cure, but I don't know many of them." -- Sylvia Plath

“Life is too important to be taken seriously.” – Oscar Wilde

If people are truly, madly, deeply in love with each other, they will find a way.~Gilda Radner

“Never judge a day by its weather. Sunshine is uplifting; rain, nourishing; wind, exhilarating; snow, cleansing; hail, stimulating. Any weather is better than none.” -- Author Unknown

"Everything you see I owe to spaghetti." -- Sophia Loren

"I know I'm vulgar, but would you have me any other way?" -- Elizabeth Taylor

"After thirty, a body has a mind of its own." -- Bette Midler

"Cherish forever what makes you unique, 'cuz you're really a yawn if it goes." -- Bette Midler

“I know I can be diva-ish sometimes, but I have to be in control. The nature of my life, the nature of what I do, is divadom, it really is." -- Mariah Carey

"I want minimum information given with maximum politeness." -- Jackie Kennedy Onassis

"I've been called a diva, queen diva, diva supreme, and I love it. However, that's really for others to decide, not me." -- Aretha Franklin

"No one loves a party more than I. I am a people person." -- Aretha Franklin

"There are many little ways to enlarge your child's world. Love of books is the best of all." -- Jackie Kennedy Onassis
Blogging Resources for Women
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2011 • All Rights Reserved