Wednesday, November 14, 2007







"We are weaving character every day, and the way to weave the best character is to be kind and to be useful. Think right, act right; it is what we think and do that makes us who we are." -- Elbert Hubbard






Still feel really cruddy, however, I'm a little smarter today. Instead of waking up, feeling bad, calling everyone on the sub list at the crack of dawn begging them to work for me, I made my phone calls last night and PRESTO! The first person I called said she'd love to cover my little class for me. I woke up w/ Chris & the girls, took some Sudafed and fell back asleep until 10 AM. Buddy and I were snuggled on the couch. Those Sudafeds totally knock me out. Me likey.

Chris has his annual "football frenzy" this weekend. As you may remember I was NOT very happy about it last year but I will try to be a little happier for him this year. It's not that I don't want him to have fun, it's that his timing totally sucks. Last year he went to Phoenix for 4 days in October the same weekend the girls had a long weekend for fall break. It was the first weekend since June that we had absolutely nothing to do. This year we will be celebrating our 25th year as a couple (10 years of dating, 15 years of marriage). Hopefully I will get a nice, thoughtful, expensive gift out of the deal (and it better not be a Dallas Cowboys t-shirt or worse --- a Hooters t-shirt!).

I leave you today with some photos of Paris & London. As I've been doing my Christmas shopping, I've come across some gifts for Taylor that would be appropriate for our trip in the Spring so I've had Paris on my mind lately. Maybe I'm just really sick and hallucinating.

No comments:

Total Pageviews

My Blog List

Some of My Favorite Quotes

"You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams." -- Dr. Seuss

"Nothing makes a woman more beautiful than the belief that she is beautiful." -- Sophia Loren



"There must be quite a few things a hot bath won't cure, but I don't know many of them." -- Sylvia Plath

“Life is too important to be taken seriously.” – Oscar Wilde

If people are truly, madly, deeply in love with each other, they will find a way.~Gilda Radner

“Never judge a day by its weather. Sunshine is uplifting; rain, nourishing; wind, exhilarating; snow, cleansing; hail, stimulating. Any weather is better than none.” -- Author Unknown

"Everything you see I owe to spaghetti." -- Sophia Loren

"I know I'm vulgar, but would you have me any other way?" -- Elizabeth Taylor

"After thirty, a body has a mind of its own." -- Bette Midler

"Cherish forever what makes you unique, 'cuz you're really a yawn if it goes." -- Bette Midler

“I know I can be diva-ish sometimes, but I have to be in control. The nature of my life, the nature of what I do, is divadom, it really is." -- Mariah Carey

"I want minimum information given with maximum politeness." -- Jackie Kennedy Onassis

"I've been called a diva, queen diva, diva supreme, and I love it. However, that's really for others to decide, not me." -- Aretha Franklin

"No one loves a party more than I. I am a people person." -- Aretha Franklin

"There are many little ways to enlarge your child's world. Love of books is the best of all." -- Jackie Kennedy Onassis
Blogging Resources for Women
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2011 • All Rights Reserved