Wednesday, November 21, 2007

I don't "do" Wordless Wednesdays!


"I suggest that the only books that influence us are those for which we are ready, and which have gone a little farther down our particular path than we have yet got ourselves." -- E.M. Forster

Not much going on today. It's raining a little bit right now which is nice. I also think this crazy weather has brought me a little bit of a migraine. I laid on the couch for a while w/ one of T's sleep-masks on to block out the light. Maybe the rain will bring a little cooler weather.

"Whenever I groan within myself and think how hard it is to keep writing about love in these times of tension and strife which may, at any moment, become for us all a time of terror, I think to myself: What else is the world interested in? What else do we all want, each one of us, except to love and be loved, in our families, in our work, in all our relationships?" -- Dorothy Day

It was so nice this morning not having to get the kids up early for school. Everyone's been home today and I think we're meeting Chris somewhere for dinner since I'll be cooking my brains out tomorrow. I actually LOVE to prepare Thanksgiving Day dinner. It's the one meal I can do really, really well. I think because the turkey takes so long, I have plenty of time for the sides.

"Sometimes our fate resembles a fruit tree in winter. Who would think that those branches would turn green again and blossom, but we hope it, we know it." -- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Still undecided about the Hoover vs. Vestavia game. I hate to purchase our tixs during the week at the high school because if something comes up, then I've got a handful of high school football tickets to unload. Unfortunately, if it's on TV, that's usually how we support our team. We'll see. I'd really like to go if it's a nice, cool night. I don't like to sit out there in the heat and I will never sit thru a football game in the rain. Go Bucs!

I've got a bunch of birthday shout-outs for the remainder of the month: Happy 40th Birthday to both Dean Martin and Jodi! Happy Birthday Lisa and Happy Birthday to my favorite Godson: Zachary Martin!

1 comment:

Chuck said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Total Pageviews

My Blog List

Some of My Favorite Quotes

"You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams." -- Dr. Seuss

"Nothing makes a woman more beautiful than the belief that she is beautiful." -- Sophia Loren



"There must be quite a few things a hot bath won't cure, but I don't know many of them." -- Sylvia Plath

“Life is too important to be taken seriously.” – Oscar Wilde

If people are truly, madly, deeply in love with each other, they will find a way.~Gilda Radner

“Never judge a day by its weather. Sunshine is uplifting; rain, nourishing; wind, exhilarating; snow, cleansing; hail, stimulating. Any weather is better than none.” -- Author Unknown

"Everything you see I owe to spaghetti." -- Sophia Loren

"I know I'm vulgar, but would you have me any other way?" -- Elizabeth Taylor

"After thirty, a body has a mind of its own." -- Bette Midler

"Cherish forever what makes you unique, 'cuz you're really a yawn if it goes." -- Bette Midler

“I know I can be diva-ish sometimes, but I have to be in control. The nature of my life, the nature of what I do, is divadom, it really is." -- Mariah Carey

"I want minimum information given with maximum politeness." -- Jackie Kennedy Onassis

"I've been called a diva, queen diva, diva supreme, and I love it. However, that's really for others to decide, not me." -- Aretha Franklin

"No one loves a party more than I. I am a people person." -- Aretha Franklin

"There are many little ways to enlarge your child's world. Love of books is the best of all." -- Jackie Kennedy Onassis
Blogging Resources for Women
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2011 • All Rights Reserved